What format is the log file

phirephoto

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

So looked through the forums, and if it's here or somewhere in the manual, I'm missing it.. But what format is the log files? I'm looking to use Dashware or DashCam viewer.

Or even better, is there a better program that can handle 1296 video and GPS?

For me there is a GPS folder that houses text documents with what looks like GPS lat and longitude written in them in plain text.
I have been using RegistratorViewer and have no problem going through my 0803 files.
GPS speed displays in the program Google map display works correctly.

oh nice, that works.. Thanks.. But I still like Dashware with the ability to add overlays to the video
but not sure which gps log format to try

Thanks.. But I still like Dashware with the ability to add overlays to the video
Can you do a small write up of Dashware? It looks interesting, but you have to sign up to even just get a demo. I am curious on how well it works and what different things look like in terms of every day usage if you have time.
Thanks

Also if you are looking for video GPS overlay right from the camera the iTracker firmware has it, but in KMH.
you can grab it here
http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware
7th one down. I've been testing a lot of different firmware and this one seems to be the best.

Well, I'd love to but right now until I get it to import the GPS data, it's just a video player :) But it looks REAL sweet. YOu can add 'gauges' to your video - Compass, speedometers, etc. And you can add ones that look like car speedometer, bike, motorcycle, etc. A throttle / brake light, a 'picture' of your route, etc. Looks well worth the price !

oh nice, that works.. Thanks.. But I still like Dashware with the ability to add overlays to the video
but not sure which gps log format to try
As far as I can tell it is not a standard format, but is a CSV format and the main fields conform to the long established NACA format so it should be readable...

I am sure some one have some RAW footage from the 0803 you can download and try out on the Dashware or dashcam viewer software.

Though i have to admit i never really undestood the GPS logging, and if its a seperate file or the info is atttached to the video file

for the most part these are just product names not the actual format, it does list GPX though as an option and Regsitrator Viewer has an option to export the GPS data into GPX format so I'd perhaps look at that first

RV GPS export.jpg

Back