What is latest firmware?

Jian

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the 422GW. When I connect with the IOS app, it's saying version 18.5 is available. I tried the install several times but it just sit there doing nothing. From Nextbase website, all they have is version 16.4 which I was able to update with copying the files to the SD card.

So, which correct is correct? Nextbase webiste 16.4 or the app claiming 18.5 is available? If 18.5 is latest, how do I download the files so I can copy over the SD since updating via the IOS app do not work.

OK. this makes no sense. Even though the wifi show connected in the 422GW and in the iPhone XS Max, live view never works. Then I decided to start from scratch with my iPhone 8. I was able to update the firmware to 18.5 and Live View works too. Both phones are on the same IOS version. This just don't make sense why it would work in one phone but not the other.

Hi Jian,

Thanks for your message.

Firstly, regarding the Firmware Version availability: R18.5 is on gradual release and not yet Mass Released. This is why different versions are available via the app or online. Once the Firmware is mass released (this week), it will be available through all the normal sources.

Secondly, both your phones have suitable Bluetooth Specs (Bluetooth 4.2 is the minimum) and iOS (13.2?). The only difference that would change the Live View capability is the phone's Bluetooth version.

Please could I have some more details regarding the iPhone XS Max (spec, iOS, Bluetooth etc) and we'll test a similar one here.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I updated mine to R18.5 yesterday evening via my huawei p30 pro phone via the app (connected via Bluetooth) had to put an empty sd card into the dashcam to download the latest firmware onto the dashcam. It worked OK took around 5 minutes to do in the end

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 422GW 3