What is the best chip?

Not-Exist

Reaction score
Country
Israel
What chip will give me better video quality, novatek 96660 or ambarella a7?

Edit: ill ask it clearly, ive broth xiaomi camera, shuld ill cancel it and buy sj5000x?

Last edited:
depends what functionality you want, some of the higher end features are blocked on Ambarella if you're not GoPro

Im just want the best video quality. Best colors and sharpness.

the best chipset with a poor lens and poor firmware tuning can be outdone by a less capable chipset with a good lens and well tuned firmware, brand names don't always equal results

In what conditions and for what purpose?

If it was for night time video I would suggest the GitUp Git1 with it's 2MP sensor!

Then there is the question of audio quality, dashcam use, and do you want gyro stabilisation...

In normal daytime conditions. Sound quality: ofcorce as best as it can, external mic option is+.
Gyro is+ as well.

As i said, i want the best video quality.

Ive broth the xiaomi+ monopod+aluminium case+ battary+ some crap= same price as the sj5000x cam.
Thats why im ask, maby i can buy better quality camera without monopod for the same price.

Thanx for help.

I think a lot of the SJ models are value for money propositions rather than best of breed

In normal daytime conditions. Sound quality: ofcorce as best as it can, external mic option is+.
Gyro is+ as well.

As i said, i want the best video quality.

Ive broth the xiaomi+ monopod+aluminium case+ battary+ some crap= same price as the sj5000x cam.
Thats why im ask, maby i can buy better quality camera without monopod for the same price.

Thanx for help.
And what about photo quality?

Eg GitUp Git2 has "4K" (2880x2160) video for daytime, does true 16MP photos well with good strong colours:

Pumkins.JPG

And has gyro stabilisation and external stereo microphone input:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gitup-git2-official-support.14625/page-6#post-196937

Ty, ill chek the video when ill be near a pc.

Back