What is the best place to mount my Cellink B battery to power DR750S in 2011 Toyota Sienna?

HETPE3B

Reaction score
Country
United States
Scratching my head and cannot figure out where.

I would assume you could find a place behind the dashboard. but its a damn hard place to work without tearing a lot apart.
Maybe under one of the seats will be the most easy place.

@HETPE3B a lot of our customers have placed their cellink under the seats on the front row, take a look as there should be plenty of room.

- Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

@HETPE3B a lot of our customers have placed their cellink under the seats on the front row, take a look as there should be plenty of room.

- Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar
Do you specifically refer to your customers who owns Sienna, or everybody?

P.S. Cellink bought from you guys, delivered today :)

Do you specifically refer to your customers who owns Sienna, or everybody?

P.S. Cellink bought from you guys, delivered today :)

That's awesome! Thanks for choosing us!

I was referring to customers that had Siennas. Some model and some trims had seat bases that were lower so it may or may not fit but from what we've seen it should.

- Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

That's awesome! Thanks for choosing us!

I was referring to customers that had Siennas. Some model and some trims had seat bases that were lower so it may or may not fit but from what we've seen it should.

- Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

unfortunately not in my case. I tool a look and there absolutely no clearance. I found a spot though - just behind the carpet in the front passenger foot well. Literally nothing to screw or bolt on it sits pretty tight. Not sure however if it requires the ventilation in a hot summer.

Is the glove compartment not an option??

I put mine in the glove compartment...you need to consider whether or not you'll be turning it off and on...if that's the case then you want to place it somewhere that's easily accessible.

Glove compartment surprisingly is not so spacious. It barely fits all the manuals from the car.
It looks to me, that behind the carpet is a perfect spot. It’s not deep, so the power switch is somewhat easily accessible even without device removal.
Got 2 questions:
- is the switch designed for a heavy use? I park my car in a garage overnight, so I don’t need the camera during the night. Is it ok to turn on/off everyday?
- when the switch is in OFF position- does it still pass through the power to the camera or it does turn off both battery and a pass through?

Glove compartment surprisingly is not so spacious. It barely fits all the manuals from the car.
It looks to me, that behind the carpet is a perfect spot. It’s not deep, so the power switch is somewhat easily accessible even without device removal.
Got 2 questions:
- is the switch designed for a heavy use? I park my car in a garage overnight, so I don’t need the camera during the night. Is it ok to turn on/off everyday?
- when the switch is in OFF position- does it still pass through the power to the camera or it does turn off both battery and a pass through?

I've only had my unit for about 3 months so I hope it's designed to be turned off and on everyday 'cause that's what I've been doing. When the battery is off so is the camera...power will not pass through when you start the car.

I’m extremely surprised with autonomous operation of the battery. I parked the car on Friday night, then the next time I used it - Monday late afternoon. The camera was still recording. It is nearly 3 days! How?
No, I didn’t connect the battery on constant main battery power. I connected it to the front power window fuse. It doesn’t supply power if the car is turned off.

If the camera wasn't triggered that often it can last longer due to it being less active.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Got 2 questions:
According to the blackboxmycar website, the off switch is for situations where someone does not want to use parking mode. I would interpret that to mean the camera will not have any power when the ignition is off, but once you turn the ignition on the power will pass through and power up the camera. Basically, the off switch acts like the battery pack isn't there and the dashcam is plugged directly into an ACC cig lighter is my understanding.

My concern is the BlackVue dashcams use motion detection to determine when the vehicle has been stationary for 5 minutes to activate the parking mode. Does that mean the exterior GPS is required for this feature? All other dash cams use a voltage sensor (with 3-wire cable) to detect when you turn the car off to activate the parking mode.

With a BlackVue, what if an accident happens and you leave the car running to continue to record what is happening afterwards? Does the dashcam stop recording because the car has been stationary longer than 5 minutes and there is no new motion or impact detection? You would potentially miss some incriminating video evidence I would think.

According to the blackboxmycar website, the off switch is for situations where someone does not want to use parking mode. I would interpret that to mean the camera will not have any power when the ignition is off, but once you turn the ignition on the power will pass through and power up the camera. Basically, the off switch acts like the battery pack isn't there and the dashcam is plugged directly into an ACC cig lighter is my understanding.

As it turns out this is not the case. When the battery pack switch is OFF - it completely turns off the camera too. The camera will NOT act as it is simply plug in to ACC outlet. I did test it.

My concern is the BlackVue dashcams use motion detection to determine when the vehicle has been stationary for 5 minutes to activate the parking mode. Does that mean the exterior GPS is required for this feature? All other dash cams use a voltage sensor (with 3-wire cable) to detect when you turn the car off to activate the parking mode.

With a BlackVue, what if an accident happens and you leave the car running to continue to record what is happening afterwards? Does the dashcam stop recording because the car has been stationary longer than 5 minutes and there is no new motion or impact detection? You would potentially miss some incriminating video evidence I would think.

The camera is in "normal" drive mode when you turn off the car...after 5 minutes it goes into "parking" mode.

The camera is in "normal" drive mode when you turn off the car...after 5 minutes it goes into "parking" mode.
The BlackVue dashcams parking mode feature is activated after the camera "detects that the vehicle is stationary for five minutes." BlackVue dashcams do not decipher when the vehicle is on or off (detect voltage) like the other dashcams do to activate parking mode.
https://www.blackvue.com/blackvue-dashcam-parking-mode/

As it turns out this is not the case. When the battery pack switch is OFF - it completely turns off the camera too. The camera will NOT act as it is simply plug in to ACC outlet. I did test it.
That's a bummer. So if you turn the Cellink switch off because your vehicle is going to be parked in your garage for a couple of days, get back in it to go somewhere and forget to flip the switch back on, the dashcam will not be recording.
I guess you answered your own question about pass through, and mine too! Thanks.

That's a bummer. So if you turn the Cellink switch off because your vehicle is going to be parked in your garage for a couple of days, get back in it to go somewhere and forget to flip the switch back on, the dashcam will not be recording.

Exactly. And based on my tactile feel for that switch - it is not like "heavy duty" one for everyday use. It's more like "to switch and forget" type of thing.

Exactly. And based on my tactile feel for that switch - it is not like "heavy duty" one for everyday use. It's more like "to switch and forget" type of thing.

The current On/Off switch is far too flimsy in my opinion.
Hopefully the future replacement for the Cellink Neo adds a more "robust" On/Off switch.

In any case, because the Cellink B/Neo battery packs are often located in awkward areas like under the front seats, or in the glovebox etc, the flimsy On/Off switch on the battery pack becomes very awkward to use anyway.
Thus, I recommend using a 12V DC Splitter with a built-in On/Off Switch with an example below.
The three way splitter can be stored in the central console bin etc, to hide all the messy plugs and cables.

6 Central Console.jpg

If one is very handy with electrical work, it is also possible to splice an On-Off Switch attached to the central console half-way along a 12V Splitter Cable.
SCA_SPO1611168_hi-res.jpg

Because an On/Off Switch is available at the 3-way Splitter, or in an external On/Off Switch is spliced mid-way along the Splitter Cable and then affixed to the central console for easy access, the Cellink B/Neo's flimsy On/Off Switch can be left permanently on to reduce wear and tear damage.

I guess you answered your own question about pass through, and mine too! Thanks.

I hope they can add a feature so that the future replacement for the Cellink Neo automatically powers the dashcam once the engine is switched on, while the On/Off switch serves to only power the dashcam while the engine is off and parking.

A countdown timer, and even an On/Off timer would be even greater additions too.

Last edited:
I just left it “on” all the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 1
T DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 6
Back