What is the best viewer?

stealth.pilot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using an iMac.

I downloaded the Thinkware viewer but it doesn't work. When I double click a file, nothing plays. Nothing happens at all.

I know the recordings are good because I can play them in quicktime by double clicking on the file in Finder.

I also tried downloading the Earthshine Dashcam Viewer and I have a similar issue with that too. Nothing plays although the file does load because I can see it pulling up the speed chart and the map.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong or if I should try another viewer?

Any update on this as I'm having issues with the Thinkware Dash can viewer with a Mac too.

Same here (macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88)). For such an expensive dash cam, the viewer should be something macOS users could rely on. Complete POS.

Earthshine version does not support macOS, Windows only.

Last edited:
For a premium brand with a 'top of the range camera' the viewing software is incredibly poor.
It looks like very cheap 'Chinese knock-off' software that is definitely not consistent with the price of the camera.

I've rarely ever used Thinkware's proprietary player, it is functionally limited. I have always used VLC player for media playback and use it regularly for dash cam video playback. I believe VLC can be used on iMacs too?

I suppose so, but the map detail is not so important to me, never looked at it; I pretty much know the locations of my drive anyway.

Back