What is the diff between H198a and dvr027

debes7

Reaction score
I am new at this,
Can someone tell me the diff between DvrH198a, dvr027 and dvr207 ?
Is the diff in price worth the improvement between dvr027 and dvr207 ?
Thank you very much

I have never herd of of DvrH198a, but from this listing at aliexpress the casing looks just like a DVR-027. I really don't have any fact to throw behind this, but from looking at that listing (priced at $22.90) and YouTube videos like this one and this one notice the time stamping. The second one is inline with a real HD DVR-027 (and possibly real HD DVR-H198A it could just be another name for the DVR-027)

With a real 027 and 207 the new 207s are an updated version of the 027 with a newer firmware and has gap-less playback. My 027 losses about a second every 5 minutes even with a Sandisk Class 10 SD card and around 4 seconds when just seeing what would happen with a lower class card. From what i had read the only issue with the 207 seems to be radio interference, but this can happen with a 027 as well.

Maybe someone with a 207 can chime in, but the extra 10 dollars might be worth it to you to not loose that second or so of video you can with an 027.

Thank you very much,
It moreless confirms what I read and think.
Keep the good work

You are welcome
I just realized that i forgot to mention, but you probably already know that anything under 50-60 dollars is a SD knock off, some sellers try to pass off the SD versions as HD when they are not. Like the seller i linked to says 90 degree view angle in the title while i believe real ones list at 120.

Then lower in the item listing it is claimed to be HD when it is not.

Here is another listing that was mentioned in the DVR-027 FaQ page under SD versions where the seller lists it as a H198

based on the YouTube videos i am guessing that just how the DVR-027 has real HD and then the SD knock offs it is called H198a somewhere else in the world and it as well has real HD and then SD knock offs perhaps.

If you are looking for a real HD DVR-027 and since you mention the price difference i am guessing you know that it is recommended in the FaQ to grab one from this seller on eBay the listing says they are almost gone. So i am guessing they may phase them out and only sell the 207 from now on

i bought a few of these f198 from amazon before i found this site. I returned all of them!

http://www.amazon.com/SainSpeed-Microph ... words=f198

the quality of the video compared to the real dvr-027 is terrible. The dvr027 isn't the best camera either but it works and it is cheap.

i just got the newer dvr-207 version. For $70 it is not, bad but there are alot of really good $100 cameras ie. f500lhd.

Before I found this site I ended up with an SD knock off from Amazon but it was just listed as an HD DVR that I now know was an SD camera

I've never seen a real DVR-027 for sale on Amazon

CheckYourLights said:
I have never herd of of DvrH198a, but from this listing at aliexpress the casing looks just like a DVR-027. I really don't have any fact to throw behind this, but from looking at that listing (priced at $22.90) (...)

I have a noname DVR which looks like a 027 but records only at 640x480, even if it states 1280x720.
When I opened it, it showed a ZH-198A on the main board, ZH-198C on the image sensor board.

So most probably yours is like mine. I paid it about 25$ too. Not too bad during day but way too dark at night. And 640x480 resolution is barely acceptable. The field of view is 50 degrees only...
Anyway, anything is better than nothing! And the price is fair, for what you get.

Reading through some of the Amazon reviews for these knock offs makes me even more appreciative for all the work DashCamMan and everyone else has done. I hope more people can find this site. After dealing with an SD version myself and replacing it with a real DVR-027 I could never go back to using the knock off. Between the poor video quality and audio issues mine had I believe everyone should at the very least go for the real DVR-027.

I even did what someone who left a review mentioned before my knock off arrived. Use a compact point and shoot camera on a dashboard mount and without the ability to cycle recording and only lasting 30 mins or so before needing recharged by an outlet it was just such a hassle.

It really sucks that a lot of people end up with these and get turned off of the DashCam idea and miss the safety one can provide because of all the hassle they had to deal with from theses SD versions. Some Amazon buyers returned their cameras two or three times

Hi FezTheFez,

Thanks for posting the pictures. Seems like that SD camera is using the Syntek STK1262BLQG processor. From the website it is the lowest end processor that Syntek makes (480p).

The date and time stamp on the video you posted to the German sold DVR look a little more like the time stamp from a DV Turnkey K2000 (white and bottom left stamp) every time i see a real DVR-027 the stamping is always top center.

EDIT
Here is a YouTube video using the H198 name
White box
AV Out
Transparent Menu
Linked to a 20 dollar camera in video description.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D DVR-XX7 2