What is the extra socket for on the G1W-CB camera?

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
Hi Guys,

I have been using a G1WH for 2 years now. I consider this camera very good and it still works very well except that the USB connector is a bit loose and intend to buy and solder in a new connector to replace it.

I wanted to try a A118C B40 camera and saw one on eBay for 30.88 GBP here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232366934293
The seller assured me that is was genuine but when I received it and looked at the results it was clearly not. My G1WH produces better quality images than this A118C B40.

These are the images of this A118 B40 camera...

Test1.jpg Test2.jpg Test3.jpg Test4.jpg

I wrote to the seller and told him that I was disappointed with this A118C B40 camera. He replied and eventually without to much trouble he refunded my money and I keep the camera

I have now decided to purchase a G1W-CB camera but I have noticed a few adverts on eBay and AliExpress (I do not use GearBest...they are useless!) that shows an extra plug socket on the top of the camera.

G1W-CB.jpg
I have seen this advert on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blueskysea-Top-Quality-Blueskysea-G1W-CB-Capacitor-Vision-FHD-1080P-Car-Dash-Cam-DVR-Black-Box/32812944032.html
which if you scroll down, says that these 2 socket outlets are GPS Interface and AV OUT.
But can someone confirm that this is a GPS Interface, and if so, which GPS device works with it?
Thanks

Last edited:
the chassis was made to support GPS as an option, haven't seen any of the manufacturers that make PCB's for this model (there are many) actually make use of it though

I don't see anything wrong with those images apart from the huge amount of reflections, which have nothing to do with the camera, of course.

To be honest, I do notice a difference. This is a extract from my G1WH camera.

Although this was in December 2016 and there is less sunlight, it just appears slightly less blurry..

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I'm on my first coffee so I could well be wrong, but I think the only G1W type cam which supports GPS is the Viofo G1W-S, and it is a quite different cam but uses the G1W case. Of the several G1W types I've had some had holes in the case for that and AV out but no sockets on the board. With 'generic' designs such as this each manufacturer will do things a little differently.

The A118/B40 is another 'generic' and your clips aren't as sharp as what most good G1W cams will deliver; my G1W-HC's are definitely sharper. Other than the Viofo versions you can hardly know for sure what you're getting with these anymore, and many are pretty bad examples of what were once decent cams. The G1W-H series seems to be the best bet vut even then it's a gamble now.

Phil

Hi Guys,

I have been using a G1WH for 2 years now. I consider this camera very good and it still work very well except that the USB connector is a bit loose and intend to buy ans solder in a new connector to replace it.

I wanted to try a A118C B40 camera and saw one on eBay for 30.88 GBP here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232366934293
The seller assured me that is was genuine but when I received it and looked at the results it was clearly not. My G1WH produces better quality images than this A118C B40.

These are the images of this A118 B40 camera...

View attachment 33670 View attachment 33671 View attachment 33672 View attachment 33673

I wrote to the seller and told him that I was disappointed with this A118C B40 camera. He replied and eventually without to much trouble he refunded my money and I keep the camera

I have now decided to purchase a G1W-CB camera but I have noticed a few adverts on eBay and AliExpress (I do not use GearBest...they are useless!) that shows an extra plug socket on the top of the camera.

View attachment 33674
I have seen this advert on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blueskysea-Top-Quality-Blueskysea-G1W-CB-Capacitor-Vision-FHD-1080P-Car-Dash-Cam-DVR-Black-Box/32812944032.html
which if you scroll down, says that these 2 socket outlets are GPS Interface and AV OUT.
But can someone confirm that this is a GPS Interface, and if so, which GPS device works with it?
Thanks
This image from our brand Blueskysea G1W-CB,and its AV out is real,but this slot for GPS module is fake,no function yet!
If you want to get one gps logger features,you can try Viofo G1W-S.

you have the copy version of the B40, the results are consistent with that version

Yes, I realise this now - But he did say in a message to me:
Hi dear customer,
Thanks for your message.
You do not worry,
It is genuine.
Thank you for your supports.
Have a good day,

But at least the eBay seller refunded my money :) - I'll be able to choose another dashcam maybe a G1W-CB from estore009 (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/estore009.3856/ ) maybe they can give me a good deal ;)

PS. Anyone want a copy A118C B40 ? :D

To be honest, I do notice a difference. This is a extract from my G1WH camera.

Although this was in December 2016 and there is less sunlight, it just appears slightly less blurry..

View attachment 33684

View attachment 33683
It's difficult to compare two cameras that have different FOV's but since the G1W-H's is narrower and the lens is different, more definition is to be expected. The picture quality of my G1W-H is better than the picture quality of the AT11DA but after experiencing the AT's FOV it's "difficult" to live with a narrower one. The B40's issue may well be just a slightly out-of-focus lens.

Yes, I realise this now - But he did say in a message to me:
Hi dear customer,
Thanks for your message.
You do not worry,
It is genuine.
Thank you for your supports.
Have a good day,

But at least the eBay seller refunded my money :) - I'll be able to choose another dashcam maybe a G1W-CB from estore009 (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/estore009.3856/ ) maybe they can give me a good deal ;)

PS. Anyone want a copy A118C B40 ? :D
You can PM us for amazon/ebay/aliexpress purchase link if you like,we can offer you discount. :)

You can PM us for amazon/ebay/aliexpress purchase link if you like,we can offer you discount. :)
Thank you estore009.
I like doing business with you as I know you to be an honest seller and I have used you several times over the past years.
I sent you a PM a few days ago and I received a reply from B***a who offered me a less than 1% discount (actually 0.7% discount) - but it's not really what I was expecting or hoping. :( I was hoping for a slightly better percentage.

Bella is our CS member,anyway,you can PM us within this forum,we can offer you special discount.;)

Back