What is the purpose of the dash cam except for automobiles?

I am cam

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Drivers probably have at least one dash cam that they don't use anymore because of so many reasons such as old design, low resolution, change their car and want to use new one etc.

I found an old subject that 'tyler zambori' posted in 2015. His subject was "Want to use a dash cam for home security too...."

I thought it was a good idea to use extra dash cam for home security. But the thing is that intruder can sabotage SD card or the dash cam itself.

Therefore, it's necessary that the dash cam is connected to cloud server so the user can see live streaming and the videos can be uploaded to the server. It can minimize the threat and an intruder can be caught on the cloud server.

Also, some level of dash cams have motion detect function. So it automatically uploads event videos to the server when the dash cam detects a movement.

Choosing a dash cam that cloud service supported can let you have another choice to use the dash cam as home security device.

1620713179867.png

Attachments

• 1620713130745.png
    1620713130745.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
I use dedicated security cameras for home. I can view the house interior at various angles from anywhere via my smartphone. I find my ArloQ cameras to be just the job.

I can't imagine a car dashboard camera having the same features, especially movement alerts via SMS, notification and text as set up.

Yet still a non-wifi dashcam can still provide some security as long as it's not seen and tampered with. Not ideal but better than nothing!

Phil

Back