What is your take on others (such as news outlets) using your videos

I've had a couple of telly people ask if they can use certain clips.
I don't really mind as long as...
> I can remain anonymous.
> It promotes the use of dashcams.
> Whilst maybe having a good dig at plod's lack of concern when you send them footage and
> the insurance industry's lack of concern over the use of cams

I've had a couple of telly people ask if they can use certain clips.
I don't really mind as long as...
> I can remain anonymous.
> It promotes the use of dashcams.
> Whilst maybe having a good dig at plod's lack of concern when you send them footage and
> the insurance industry's lack of concern over the use of cams
That's probably a lot to ask of the kind of people who makes shows of such high quality as "Budgies make you LOL", "Grannies make you LOL", etc.
There seem to be a lot of these right now. Grabbing videos off youtube and putting them on telly has got to be the cheapest way to make programs known so far.

I imagine it may have happened - if not in a dash cam video but video of some type.

I assume Canada is not all that different than the US (other than you guys talk funny up there - hey? ;) ). If that's the case then anybody can sue anybody else for anything at any time. All it would take is someone being recognized in a video in what they consider to be an 'embarrassing' situation and it's 'game on'.

Canada is changing. People are not as nice as 30 years ago.

I would hope there is some kind of precedent that you can't sue as it was in a public place and the dash cam viewer recorded what happened, not misquoted or slandered. There is scammer in Toronto who faked a rear end collision and has face all over the place in youtube when you search for why you need a dash cam. Before youtube and social media, people could do something inappropriate and news wouldn't spread across the world. Times have changed.

And you its you guys who speak funny. I will never forget the first time my Scottish dad heard a southern accent. Never forget the raised eye brows and expression on his face.

Canada is changing. People are not as nice as 30 years ago....
Yeah, that's pretty much true everywhere - although it may just be a matter of the idiots getting more exposure now than they used to so it just seems like it's worse.

Yeah, that's pretty much true everywhere - although it may just be a matter of the idiots getting more exposure now than they used to so it just seems like it's worse.
It is worse as the morons are electing leaders just like themselves.

Back