what kind of memory card is best for A118-C?

Any 64 GB will work so i can record longer or i should use no more than 32 GB ones ?

Class 10 is ok or better to use lower ones?

Are the following the right card for this dashcam?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...=5334038&productCategoryId=pcmcat225800050009

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU894
i read somewhere that though it says up to 64gb, the 64gb dont work on this cam and was saying 32 gb with class 4 is best. True? Some cards say SD, some SD HC. What is better?I don't have the camera yet. How do you format and what is it for? Thanks. Totally new to these things.

I'm currently using Sandisk Ultra 64gb Class 10 on the A118-C and it's been working fine. I've also used the Samsung Evo 32gb Class 10 before on the same camera and seems to be fine also.

Class 4 will most likely be too slow - go with a class 10. I remember reading the same thread you did about the 64GB card but if I remember correctly there were some formatting issues going on at the same time. With my SG9665GC I just put the card in the camera and did a format and thing were good from then on. I'm planning on doing the same with my A118-C.

Buy trusted brands from reputable resellers: 64Gb, Class 10, Micro SDXC U1. Avoid cheap ones, they may be fakes. Very expensive are also not worth to over-spend. Buy something from mid-price range. Lexar 300x, Transend Premium 300x, - those I have been using and can recommend.

If you have a Best Buy nearby, you could buy those cards in store and try it out to see if it works with your dash cam or not... If not, you could return it easier since it's local... Best Buy currently have those Samsung memory cards on sale for today only I believe.
Link to sale: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-samsung-microsd-class10-memory-cards-140707

32gb gets you ~4 hour 20-30 minute
64gb get you ~8 hour 20 min
from what I remember seeing on my A118-C...

i like the 64gb for more recording time but have read many reviews saying the 64gb ones cause problems and should choose the 32 gb ones. Samsung evo or samsung pro?

I would go with the Pro since it isn't that much of a price difference (32gb isn't much price difference) and you could use the card for other things, like a good camera or storage on your computer, etc.

where are these reviews that say 64gb doesnt work? i haven't seen any and nobody here has had any issues using various 64gb cards in the a118 and a118c. myself i've used a sandisk ultra 64gb and an adata 64gb with no problems at all.

only reason i can think it wouldnt work is if it was a bad card or it wasnt formatted in the camera.

fyi format is how you initialize a storage device. a device (usb drive, sd card, hard drive, etc) can be formatted with different file systems. a windows hard drive is usually formatted with NTFS, most usb and sd devices are fat32 when they're 32gb or smaller, and exfat for 64gb and larger. these cameras cant use exfat, so when you format a 64gb card in the camera (it's in the setup menus), it formats it with fat32 and builds the file/folder structure it needs, so it'll work right.

where are these reviews that say 64gb doesnt work? i haven't seen any and nobody here has had any issues using various 64gb cards in the a118 and a118c. myself i've used a sandisk ultra 64gb and an adata 64gb with no problems at all.

only reason i can think it wouldnt work is if it was a bad card or it wasnt formatted in the camera.

fyi format is how you initialize a storage device. a device (usb drive, sd card, hard drive, etc) can be formatted with different file systems. a windows hard drive is usually formatted with NTFS, most usb and sd devices are fat32 when they're 32gb or smaller, and exfat for 64gb and larger. these cameras cant use exfat, so when you format a 64gb card in the camera (it's in the setup menus), it formats it with fat32 and builds the file/folder structure it needs, so it'll work right.
thanks. I saw some reviews on Amazon on this cam and some have said the 64gb never wrks or works but cause issues. I have bought these memory cards before but used on my regular point and shoot camera and never needed or knew formatings. I just insert these in my camera and i cna take pics or upload on FB or on my desktop with the usb cable that comes with the camera. But dashcam is different and needs to be "formated" before it can record or play video & audios?

I have a 32gb class 10 kingston and it works fine. It's probably best to use manufacturer recommendation. Will it work for 64gb yeah probably but anything can happen to it.

Hi. I have 32 GB Toshiba Class 10 SDHC 40mb/s memory card. When I put it in A118 it says Card Error and card extremely heating up. (It can even burn your hand)

I formatted it from the menu of A118 but nothing has changed still getting same error.

What's wrong with this card?

image1 copy.jpg

Hi. I have 32 GB Toshiba Class 10 SDHC 40mb/s memory card. When I put it in A118 it says Card Error and card extremely heating up. (It can even burn your hand)

I formatted it from the menu of A118 but nothing has changed still getting same error.

What's wrong with this card?

View attachment 13809

Are you referring to the new A118 that you received today?

Got the A118C today, using the USB cable, connected it to my pc to the dashcam, inserted an SD card , turn on and says "massStorage" and it is stuck there on the screen. If I pull the SD card out, it says low battery and would turn off itself. Appreciate any help!

Last edited:
Got the A118C today, using the USB cable, connected it to my pc to the dashcam, inserted an SD card , turn on and says "massStorage" and it is stuck there on the screen. If I pull the SD card out, it says low battery and would turn off itself. Appreciate any help!
If you connect the camera to the computer it will recognize it only as an external storage device, which is the card. If you want to work with the camera outside of the car you'll have to connect it to an external power source, like those used nowadays to charge tablets or smartphones.

Back