What kind of microSD cards are included with SG9663DC?

krole

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it high endurance? Does it have MLC or ECC?

Thanks

UK/EU stock (Amazon FBA) comes currently with Samsung EVO Plus U3 or Toshiba Exceria U3.

Thanks for quick replies!

Has anyone tested these new microSD card from Samsung https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07B984HJ5

Interesting. If they endure as [sort of] promised, that would mean five years of non-stop, 24/7 use. That would make them well worth the cost.

I say "sort of" because the description says only "Up to 43,800 hours." But they do have a 5-year warranty, and Samsung is a quality company; so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually made it that long.

At a hundred bucks a pop, however, I'd wait a few months before buying one. Sometimes there are early issues that are corrected in subsequent batches. Also, some cards work better in some devices than others due to subtle quirks. For example, my old TODC2 vomited on most high-end cards, but loved the store-branded el-cheapos that Micro Center sells at the checkout counter. (Go figure.) So I'd rather wait for someone else who owns my camera to be the beta tester when we're talking about a hundred-dollar card.

Richard

They were just released yesterday so I doubt it.

Didnt know it was released yesterday. It showed up in my recommendation list in Amazon. Considering that it is supposed to be designed for high endurance requirements if it works it might be worth buying it.

Didnt know it was released yesterday. It showed up in my recommendation list in Amazon. Considering that it is supposed to be designed for high endurance requirements if it works it might be worth buying it.
They seem to be heavily marketing it. I'm sure it's a great card though as it seems all of the other Samsung cards are. At least now there's a 128GB high endurance option.

I finished setting my camera up yesterday and realized that mine came with a Sandisk Ultra card. Has anyone compared the two? I was under the impression that only Samsung cards were approved at the moment, but I just wanted to double check.

The SG cameras are not fuzzy about memory cards like some other brands, so i figure the Sandisk Ultra ( A1 ) will be just fine, but the older red & grey ultra cards not marked with the A1 can be problematic.

NON A1 marked ultra card.
7149191.attach

A1 marked ultra ( the new ones )
61a0oyeW-RL._SX425_.jpg

It have something to do with the controller they used / use on the old cards.

Hello, I bought my camera without card. Is this ok ? Even in the presentation picture the card was erased. Should I make a complaint ?

Attachments

• DashCamBros-SG9663DC5.png
    DashCamBros-SG9663DC5.png
    407.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SG9663DC%20continut%20pachet-500x500.jpg
    SG9663DC%20continut%20pachet-500x500.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 11
what card they do or don't come with depends on the local market, the cards are supplied locally, not with the camera so it's up to the seller how they package it, if it shows it without the card then that must be how they supply it in your market

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 2
C SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 8
Back