What kind of windshield cleaner for use to remove adhesive residue?

Yees

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to mount my camera right next to the rear mirror but then the auto remote command module is just on top of the spot I want to mount. So I relocate the command module right in the center but the adhesive residue from that module made a mark on the windshield. I haven't try using glass cleaner because not sure if those will completely remove. My apology if this is not related in this page.

in Australia we would use Eucalyptus oil to remove adhesive residue, not sure if you have something similar available

You see, that spot where I want to mount have those black dots so are you safe for that area?

Last edited:
Thanks, I will look into those.

Just remember to use the smallest possible amount required for the job. Apply with a cloth slightly saturated with the product. You can always apply more if needed. Don't drip on your dashboard. Lay a towel or piece of cardboard down in case of drips.

Last edited:
I find a small amount of furniture polish works wonders on sticky residue from labels etc.
I also use it to lubricate the aluminium rails on the sliders of my tail-lift

I find a small amount of furniture polish works wonders on sticky residue from labels etc.
I also use it to lubricate the aluminium rails on the sliders of my tail-lift

Many of these adhesive remover products have an oil base so certain furniture polishes may well have similar properties.

Back