What (Mac) software to check that an SD card is genuine and to check and fix SD card?

Privateer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
RoadHawk DC3 (x1), RoadHawk HD2 (x3)
Hi,

I use SDFormatter (for Mac) to fully format every SD (and micro SD) card every time it's taken out of the dashcam and I've finished with its footage. I copy the card before I fully format it. :giggle:

I'm looking for (preferably free) pieces of Mac software that:
  1. Can check that a card is genuine, i.e. it's the correct storage capacity, and has the correct read and write speeds, etc.
  2. Can check that a card is physically OK and if it is damaged the software can repair the card.
What software do you recommend and where can they be safely downloaded from, with no malware, trojans, etc.

Many thanks,

1. F3 for Mac
2, SDformatter is already doing that if you do an overwrite erase, if there's errors that it can't fix it's time for a new card

Thanks for the information. I will have a look at F3 for Mac.

Presumably, if SDformatter encounters errors that it can't fix then it informs you? As I've not had a message yet on any of my cards.

Many thanks,

F3 for Mac seems to be well-liked by users, the trouble is it looks a bit complicated to install as it's open source.

Is there any other good Mac software to check that an SD card is genuine?

Thanks,

F3 is the only one I know of for Mac, I'm not a Mac user so can't offer any other suggestions sorry

Hi jokiin,

Not a problem but thanks for the suggestion of F3.

Does anybody else know of a good Mac card checker that's easy to instal and use?

Thanks,

Back