TheRadziu

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello,
Right now I'm looking for good micro sd card for my Xiaomi yi and I am in kind of rush since I'm going on a trip in 2 weeks.
I need a card that can guarantee me stable 40Mbps (or higher) bitrate recording without cutting files and lowered the bitrate to about 20Mbps. Previously I got Kingston UHS-I U3 64gb but I was really disappointed in it, since it even couldn't keep up with bitrate of 40Mbps (slow speed build up - it worked more or less all right after some time of camera usage and recording)
Right now I am interested in getting one of these 2 cards:
- Samsung 64GB microSDXC Pro UHS-I 3 (declared max write speed: 80MB/s |Read speed: 90MB/s)
- Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-I 3 (max write: 40 MB/s | max read: 90 MB/s)

Which one should I choose for my exact purpose of recording flawless 40Mbps bitrate video files? Perhaps should I choose something else?
IF you have one of these 2 cards, can you please check them for me - how do they work with bitrates of minimum 40Mbps on 2K30 and 1080p60? I'd like to avoid memory card that fails me(cuts file and lowers bitrate) if I start recording after some time of having camera powered off.

I am sorry if I posted my question in the wrong category, you see - I am new here :D If so - please move my topic to the correct one. I also did not write my question in custom firmware topic because of 2 simple reasons: It will be lost and ignored pretty quickly and I am using bitrate scripts instead of firmware, I like this freedom of choice :)

Cheers!

Sandisk Extreme 32GB have worked well consistently for me at 40Mbps using 1600x1200 resolution at 60fps and 30fps.

I have several of the Samsung pro's, they have been quite good for me at 1080p60. I also have one of the extremes (maybe a previous generation version?), it's been good when I've used it.

Sandisk Extreme 32GB have worked well consistently for me at 40Mbps using 1600x1200 resolution at 60fps and 30fps.
Thats great! No sudden cuts between files(not counting fat32 limitation ofc) or drops of bitrate? Or do they sometimes occur?

I have several of the Samsung pro's, they have been quite good for me at 1080p60. I also have one of the extremes (maybe a previous generation version?), it's been good when I've used it.
The question was mainly about bitrate. What bitrate do you use on 1080p60 recordings using samsung pros?

The question was mainly about bitrate. What bitrate do you use on 1080p60 recordings using samsung pros?

I use the 35mbps firmware. Never had a glitch.

I use the 35mbps firmware. Never had a glitch.
Can you please check if 40Mbps works flawless too on this card? Preferably 2k30 and 1080p60. Just paste it into your scripts:
Code:
#2k30 - 40Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4220
#1080p60 - 40Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4220

No.

But I would be....surprised....if a 80 MBps card couldn't handle 40 Mbps writes.

No.

But I would be....surprised....if a 80 MBps card couldn't handle 40 Mbps writes.
Why not? This testing would take you less than 5 minutes.

I had Kingston U3 card, my friend got it too and few guys from polish fb xiaomi yi group got them as well, they all were original cards and they all couldnt record even 40Mbps despite being U3 class card with 80/90 speeds. Thats the main reason why I'm looking for anyone with these cards to test them for me first. Returning card is expensive here.

Why not? This testing would take you less than 5 minutes.
a) I don't have a camera on hand.
b) I won't be in a place where I can reload firmware with one until sometime Friday.
c) I have no real interest in doing so, since I've got them set exactly how I want to use them.
d) You can do card testing with a quality adapter on your own to find out what your cards can do.
e) the two cards you mention above, barring fakes, have a record of working at high speed.

a) I don't have a camera on hand.
Well if you elaborated "no" before you wouldnt need to answer this post :D
b) I won't be in a place where I can reload firmware with one until sometime Friday.
c) I have no real interest in doing so, since I've got them set exactly how I want to use them.
Using bitrate scripts have nothing to do with firmware, if you delete these lines the bitrate goes back to the default value, in your case 35Mbps
d) You can do card testing with a quality adapter on your own to find out what your cards can do.
e) the two cards you mention above, barring fakes, have a record of working at high speed.
Regarding this - no I cannot, testing sd card on pc have nothing in common with actual speeds in Yi cam. As in case of these Kingston cards - they got good constant U3 speeds but their random speed is very low, not even U1 class amd they couldnt keep up with 40Mbps bitrate. And again: thats the reason why i am asking about these 2 cards in first place

Thats great! No sudden cuts between files(not counting fat32 limitation ofc) or drops of bitrate? Or do they sometimes occur?

No sudden cuts or drops in bitrate in a 100+ recordings. I was using Kingstons before too, so I know exactly what you're dealing with!

No sudden cuts or drops in bitrate in a 100+ recordings. I was using Kingstons before too, so I know exactly what you're dealing with!
Awesome! Right now I think i'm keen to get sandisk extreme rather than samsung pro. I was always getting sandisk ultra cards for everything that I use and today they still work without any problem. Also I think its better to get stable 40MB/s than random speeds up to 80MB/s (as in example of Kingston, but samsung pro might be better at this, I still do not know).

Can you please check 2K30 recording for me, just to be sure?

edit: just bought this card. I hope this time I'll be happy with my purchase ^^

Last edited:
Awesome! Right now I think i'm keen to get sandisk extreme rather than samsung pro. I was always getting sandisk ultra cards for everything that I use and today they still work without any problem. Also I think its better to get stable 40MB/s than random speeds up to 80MB/s (as in example of Kingston, but samsung pro might be better at this, I still do not know).

Can you please check 2K30 recording for me, just to be sure?

edit: just bought this card. I hope this time I'll be happy with my purchase ^^
1600x1200@60fps is more data than 2k@30fps so I think you're safe ;)

Just to update my old topic: In the end, I bought Sandisk Extreme 64gb (U3). Work flawlessly on 40 bitrate, no cuts or bitrate drops, probably I could pump it up to 45 without problem. Also f*** kingston and their sh*tty product, I really recommend getting sandisk or samsung cards if you want high bitrates and high speeds :)
Cheers!

Back