What other web-cams can re-use the 0906 front/back cabling and P-guard kit?

wiert

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My 0906 died (I tried the usual steps: it keeps beeping with or without a Micro-SD card even after a reset, firmware install fails).

Since both 0906 and 0906 Pro have become unavailable (no ads on ebay or aliexpress any more).

I wonder which webcam brands/models can re-use the existing wiring and P-guard kit that I used to install the front and back camera.

Any thoughts?

--jeroen

Welcome to the forum wiert.

Probably only a other mini series system, and then i would still be careful.
It is not often you can use hardware in between brands, but in between models in the same brand it is fine, i do that testing Viofo systems ATM

I would expect to have to do all new wire work if i was you.

I cant recall what the 0906 was ( i tested that briefly but my test sample soon died on me ) but i think it might be mini USB plug between front and rear cameras ( and for the power )
Today many use USB C plugs and for connection to rear camera more are also using the coaxial wire and its small plug i can not remember the name off.

The mini cameras do not see much action on the forum these days, so chance of someone else jumping in are probably small.

Hi Kamkar,

Thanks for the welcome message. I have given it some thought.

Given I'm still low on energy (see https://twitter.com/jpluimers): any recommendations for dual dash-cams that can re-use the existing micro-USB parking guard kit (it looks kind of universal to me)1675204664747.png

Then I only need to pull a new cable connecting front and rear cameras (which should be relatively easy by connecting the new cable to the old one, then carefully pull out the old one).

Regards,

--jeroen

Back