What rear camera have you bought that works with your truck?

gr8fl1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to get dash cam for front and back, because nobody stops and helps as a witness anymore. Tundra truck with rear window that slides all the way down, so can't put a rear camera on there. Where have you placed it, or what camera have you bough to bypass this issue?

You can try GNET G-on.
The rear cam of model can rotate 360 degree. And with a dashcam installation tutorial.
Hope this can help you :)
IMG_4222.JPGIMG_4224.JPGScreen Shot 2021-06-25 at 10.48.48 AM.png
Credit: The Dashcam Store's images for your reference of how you truck your dashcam below.
rear window mount 3.jpgrear window mount 2.jpg
Looking to get dash cam for front and back, because nobody stops and helps as a witness anymore. Tundra truck with rear window that slides all the way down, so can't put a rear camera on there. Where have you placed it, or what camera have you bough to bypass this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip. During the time waiting, I saw a website that had a clip for this very thing. Unfortunately, it was the wrong direction for what I needed. I found my solution with the following:

Used two stainless steel money clips to have enough surface area for applying rear camera, as well as them having the clip portion making sure there would not movement.

Hope this helps someone out there. Money clips saved the day!

With a truck you do have some issues, though thats almost true with any dashcam and any vehicle.
With the cabin mounted camera the bed of the truck will block a bit of the view out back, and if cars where you are have front plates, they will be too far off to read when you can see it on the camera.'
you are often forced to mount off the headliner as a truck might have a sliding party of the back window or in this case what appear to be the whole window being electric, so you cant really mount off the glass in a traditional way.
On the + side if you have parking guard, the camera will cover everything lying in the bed of your truck.

Alternative some brands provide a waterproof camera unit you can put all the way out back, but then it is exposed to the elements, and at least the truck i drove around the turn of the century accumulated a lot of dirt back there, though mine also had a hard top over the bed.
So you probably need to clean that camera often to have any chance of getting detail

Today i saw a guy that had stopped to help a elderly couple with a flat tire, so i in turn had to pull over too and check up on some things, and turn out he was not related to the couple just a helpful guy, so for his efford he got a thumbs up from me before i left.

asssist.jpg

Money clips saved the day!
What a great solution (y) You're well on your way to passing the "Dashcam 101" course with highest marks :cool:

But now I have to admit that I feel stupid for not seeing this solution myself when you first posted, as I pride myself in having a successful "McGuyver" approach to problem solving, and here I've been bested by a newbie :eek::ROFLMAO:

Kudos!
Phil

Back