What resolution and FPS do you use?

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
I really like the idea of 60fps, but was curious what resolution and FPS you guys use on your A129 Pro Duo?

I was thinking 1440P @ 60fps might be better than 4K @ 30fps.

No, 4K @ 30 fps is best.

There are situations where 60fps might be beneficial, but for most use as a dashcam, 30 fps is perfectly adequate and 4K is a clear benefit in many situations.

If you just want to make your videos smoother, you could try using an editor that will interpolate from 30 to 60 fps, that can produce some very nice video, although most software that attempts to do it struggles a bit with fast moving dashcam footage.

No, 4K @ 30 fps is best.

There are situations where 60fps might be beneficial, but for most use as a dashcam, 30 fps is perfectly adequate and 4K is a clear benefit in many situations.

If you just want to make your videos smoother, you could try using an editor that will interpolate from 30 to 60 fps, that can produce some very nice video, although most software that attempts to do it struggles a bit with fast moving dashcam footage.

Yep, I use SVP Player for monitor refresh rate fps.

How well does that work on dashcam footage?
The same as any other video and video format, it outputs at the monitor refresh rate and does a fantastic job..

Back