What settings do you keep ?

MoreBloodWine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I seem to keep things about as basic as they come without changing very much. But I kind of want to play with parking mode a bit, so I'm curious... For those of you that do have parking mode or whatever set.

How do you have everything programmed ?

Attached is an image of my current settings, before anybody asks... How the hell did you do that in one shot. It's called scroll capture on an Android phone.

But I'm hardwired in w one of those voltage kickers... figured why futz w a 12v plug, hiding that wire and still losing a socket.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211130/4a71baa0f93c086bcfdf5afa442eb360.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's hardwired too. I use low-bitrate recording for parking with the HWK set to 12.2V and the timer set to 3 hours if memory serves me correctly; might be 4 hours instead. Anyway it cuts off with the timer, not the HWK. Other settings are pretty much normal/default.

Phil

Don't have an A139, but here are possible suggestions:
-Parking mode: low-bitrate with 12.2V or 12.4V cutoff, depending on how cold your area gets
-Parking Geofencing: Enable if you live in a single family home with your own garage/drive way so that there will not be pointless recordings

I have mine set to low bitrate, 12.2v cutoff, 1 hr record, high sensitivity.
Geofencing doesn’t seem to activate but that could just be an issue with the iPhone app.

This is the kit I have, was originally bought for a ZenFox T3 before getting returned for the A139. Works just fine with a $2 plug adapter for the power.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B08RS3Z8M6
I might not even worry about parking mode at all tbh, was just curious how everyone else keeps their settings w their systems, be it an a139 or not. But for now, per the image I linked, I'm pretty basic.

As for the coldness and my region, I'm eastern Pa, we got snow right now lol

But I love it !

Edit, might be northern, I failed geography lol

Zip 16316

This is the kit I have, was originally bought for a ZenFox T3 before getting returned for the A139. Works just fine with a $2 plug adapter for the power.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B08RS3Z8M6
I might not even worry about parking mode at all tbh, was just curious how everyone else keeps their settings w their systems, be it an a139 or not. But for now, per the image I linked, I'm pretty basic.

As for the coldness and my region, I'm eastern Pa, we got snow right now lol

But I love it !

Edit, might be northern, I failed geography lol

Zip 16316
Just looking at your settings I see you have interior camera rotate option active and not the mirror, do you find this then shows the driver and passenger on the wrong sides? I've got my camera rotated so have to have both settings active for it to show correctly as it seems that one mirrors vertically and one horizontally rather than a rotate.

The reason I have the two cameras flipped is because of how I have them on the Windows based on how I want the plug wire to go if that makes sense. Tech speaking I manually flipped the camera on install, on purpose, but needed to rectify said flip ao I wasn't upside down or the road behind me lol

Perfect example here... but first, I have mine mounted in such a way so the lights Crest just above the top of the rear view so I can tell everything is working without having to get into the passenger side seat.

But looking at the interior camera itself, if the wire were to be going to the passenger side instead of the driver side as seen. I wouldn't have had to set the option to flip the image. Which is what I was getting at in my last reply.

20dc791c9db5e68006662da54910e839.jpg

But doing it this way at least for the interior cam, lets me truly perfectly Center the camera without having to worry about the wire that goes to the rear view which auto shades getting in the way.

Perfect example here... but first, I have mine mounted in such a way so the lights Crest just above the top of the rear view so I can tell everything is working without having to get into the passenger side seat.

But looking at the interior camera itself, if the wire were to be going to the passenger side instead of the driver side as seen. I wouldn't have had to set the option to flip the image. Which is what I was getting at in my last reply.

20dc791c9db5e68006662da54910e839.jpg

But doing it this way at least for the interior cam, lets me truly perfectly Center the camera without having to worry about the wire that goes to the rear view which auto shades getting in the way.
Yes I understand that, I have the interior camera mounted the same way.
My question was, with only the rotate option ticked mine then shows the driver and passenger sat the wrong way around. Do you have the same issue?
I have to select rotate and mirror for it to show correctly. The rotate option horizontally mirrors the image rather than rotates it and then the mirror option vertically mirrors it.

I'd have to look next time I head to the car, but as of now... when I set it all up. Nothing stood out in such a way that screamed wtf is this. Only changes I saw was me sitting upside down to now right side up.

But next time I head out which probably won't be for two or three days, I'll do a screen grab and post it.

But for now I'm off to watch the latest episode of Family Guy.

Yes I understand that, I have the interior camera mounted the same way.
My question was, with only the rotate option ticked mine then shows the driver and passenger sat the wrong way around. Do you have the same issue?
I have to select rotate and mirror for it to show correctly. The rotate option horizontally mirrors the image rather than rotates it and then the mirror option vertically mirrors it.
Ended up going out to fill the tank and get a salad from Sheetz, but here's the interior screengrab. I think I get what you were saying now, but if I'm supposed to "sit right", that don't really bother me. But looking at it, I might anyway... it's like an earwig and you gave it to me lol

4e44cac5cd547dbcb963e9fe978d90f2.jpg

Ended up going out to fill the tank and get a salad from Sheetz, but here's the interior screengrab. I think I get what you were saying now, but if I'm supposed to "sit right", that don't really bother me. But looking at it, I might anyway... it's like an earwig and you gave it to me lol

4e44cac5cd547dbcb963e9fe978d90f2.jpg
Lol, yes that’s what I meant, if you activate both options or should then put you the right way round. Your T-shirt writing would read properly then haha.

Lol, yes that’s what I meant, if you activate both options or should then put you the right way round. Your T-shirt writing would read properly then haha.
Maybe I can use this to my advantage in court and tell the judge I wasn't driving LMFAO

I think in these cases you have to both flip but also mirror the image, to get the correct result ( you might be able to play with this if you have some editing software that let you flip and mirror footage.

By chance i think both my interior and rear camera on the A139 are mounted " correct" ( wire to the right ) so i have not needed to do this fix in the menu.
I thought this was fixed cuz i did get the same at first when i had my rear camera mounted " backwards" so it looked as if i drove in one of those countries where you drive on the wrong side, and also the plates on the car behind was mirrored.
Or maybe it have been fixed but just on the rear camera channel ?
Sadly i cant test as that would mean i would have to "rip" the camera off the mirror stalk i have it mounted on.

I think in these cases you have to both flip but also mirror the image, to get the correct result ( you might be able to play with this if you have some editing software that let you flip and mirror footage.

By chance i think both my interior and rear camera on the A139 are mounted " correct" ( wire to the right ) so i have not needed to do this fix in the menu.
I thought this was fixed cuz i did get the same at first when i had my rear camera mounted " backwards" so it looked as if i drove in one of those countries where you drive on the wrong side, and also the plates on the car behind was mirrored.
Or maybe it have been fixed but just on the rear camera channel ?
Sadly i cant test as that would mean i would have to "rip" the camera off the mirror stalk i have it mounted on.
Nice call on the license plates though. Because thinking about it I might need to mirror my rear if nothing else. So I would definitely have to check that out next time I go to the car.

But mirroring has also been previously discussed :)

The camera should do both when you select "flip" in the menu, at least i think so, the 2 go together in this case.
I am going on a drive shortly to do some shopping for my old mother, i will grab my camera settings to see what i actually got going for me, it might be my rear camera are actually installed " backwards" with the wire coming off to the left.

We got a snow storm going here today, which in my case looking out the window look as if we have gotten 3 inch of snow,,,,, mind you for my area of this little country thats is also more then the past 3-4 years in total.
I miss the winters of my childhood in the good old 70ties, when the world had not yet gone really crazy

Back