What should i buy please help

JFSR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im after a dash cam/reverse cam for my SWB FORD TRANSIT T280.

I want something along the lines of this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B08L9C1XC3
I need a good reverse camera with good night vision and a screen i can also work with a double din format screen (by replacing current HU) or a strap over your current REAR VIEW mirror type.

the rear camera will need to be installed outside maybe top of the van near roof? as it has no rear windows or anything. I would also like a front camera to be installed in the front bumper area? Again with great night vision.

i feel like the link I've put in is pretty expensive for what it is do you guys have anything else in mind or advice please? Even possible links etc? Thank you.

the van is a delivery van and it gets very dark reversing out off farm roads etc.

A little more information.

I would like to hardwire the camera to a 12v from the van (fuse box)

G sensor would be great as well as recording function and a sd card slot.

Cloud options

The main thing i need is able to put the cameras outside, great night vision, recording, impact sensor recording, reliability and 12v. I can always use a step down voltage regulator if there is a good option for 5v but must be hard wired.

Thank you.

Hi there.

Sounds like your best-bet would be one of BlackVue's truck models, a good starting point is the DR750X-2CH Truck. This camera will have the rear camera bolted to the exterior you are looking for, but it won't be able to mount to the front bumper as you mentioned. This unit does have a G-sensor, and is one of the top cloud models out on the market.

I am interested in buying a new camera that has good features and is available at a reasonable price. I also need a suggestion for an online shop. I would appreciate it if you could help me. The Ranboo merch shop relies heavily on it.

Hi there @jimmyvince2023, welcome to the forum. That's not too much information to work with, plenty of cameras would fit those criteria there. If you are looking for something affordable with the essential features, then Viofo would be a good call. Alternatively, if you would like something more advanced and professional for a business, BlackVue is a great choice.

Back