What size of MicroSD cards do most people use in their 1080p dash cams? 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB?

What size of MicroSD cards do most people use in their 1080p dash cams?

• 4GB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8GB

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 16GB

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 32GB

Votes: 30 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jaranson

What size of MicroSD cards do most people use in their 1080p dash cams?
4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB?

Good question, I'd like to know WHY did you chose that size too?

You should add option of 64Gb as well

so far, 10 out of 10 votes have all been 32GB.... guess nobody uses anything lower these days? :)

Can you add 64gb as well to have whole potential range of Memory Cards sizes for more accurate research.

Can you add 64gb as well to have whole potential range of Memory Cards sizes for more accurate research.

Forgive me for nit picking, but I want to point out an important technical notation. The upper case "B" represents Bytes and the lower case "b" represents bits. A total of 8 bits = 1 Byte. The correct notation is not "64Gb" 64 Giga bits, but "64GB" Giga Bytes. "64Gb' is equal to 8GB.

You are correct in asking for 64GB as an option, but on most forums, changing the options resets the count.

Forgive me for nit picking, but I want to point out an important technical notation. The upper case "B" represents Bytes and the lower case "b" represents bits. A total of 8 bits = 1 Byte. The correct notation is not "64Gb" 64 Giga bits, but "64GB" Giga Bytes. "64Gb' is equal to 8GB.

You are correct in asking for 64GB as an option, but on most forums, changing the options resets the count.

Good point, but as you see, my very first post was 64Gb. I totally aware what is byte and bit. The last one was just typo using smart phone on the go, and also if you follow thread point ( 4,8,16,32 Gb memory cards topic ), then it should be logical and clear that I meant 64Gb. ;)

I always used and recommend to use the biggest size possible, and to keep the camera running as long as possible.

Best Bang for the Buck DashCam's don't support 64GB (aka SDXC) because it's more expensive probably. (different bus etc) They generally pick the least expensive components and realize the vast majority of buyers will be happy with 32GB (for now)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC

32GBs, as I don't need that many videos and they're expensive.

Best Bang for the Buck DashCam's don't support 64GB (aka SDXC) because it's more expensive probably. (different bus etc) They generally pick the least expensive components and realize the vast majority of buyers will be happy with 32GB (for now)

main reason for the limitation previously was no hardware support, now however you see factories bringing out A7-LA based product and still being limited to 32GB, that's a sure sign of least cost component choice, dumb way to build product but plenty of them doing it

I always write it as 64GB because it's a British pride thing. (GB) :D :D :D

I have never been able to get any dash cam to use 64GB MicroSD(SDXC) cards properly, FAT32 or otherwise. However, they work perfectly in my smartphones and tablets. In fact, I think 64GB is way too small.... I'm hoping for 128GB MicroSDXC cards soon! :)

I use 64GB on my lukas 7900 (it supports up to 128GB). 128 size is a little expensive and I was able to pick up a sony class 10 64GB SD card for $25 a while back...

I am testing Korean 2ch dash cam and 32Gb is not enough any more. Went the other day for some shopping, flea market, came back home, wanted to analyse my trip and discoveted that 1/4 of earlie videos were missing ( over written ) due to small size memory card. These days 32Gb is minimum for 1ch, best is 64gb. For 2ch I would like to have 128Gb ( microsd ? )., Or like jokiins new dash cams have option of external HDD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC
on g1w some 64gb sdxc work:D
i think the mnufacterer just dont want to support the 64gb due to lacking testing and too much support or customer complaints and leave the specification at 32gb
i mean....even some premium manufacturer with 32gb 16gb etc. cards, do not work with many devices or cause trouble...

Any 64GB cards that work in these cameras are more good luck than good management, realistically if the camera can't format the card then there's a higher risk that it will let you down when you need it most

Any 64GB cards that work in these cameras are more good luck than good management, realistically if the camera can't format the card then there's a higher risk that it will let you down when you need it most

absolutely... dash cam and memory car need to reliable.

Sorry to spoil the 100% 32GB Poll result with my 16GB vote. I also keep a spare card in the car. If involved in an 'incident', I would remove the card that contained the evidence, & insert the spare card.

I am testing Korean 2ch dash cam and 32Gb is not enough any more. Went the other day for some shopping, flea market, came back home, wanted to analyse my trip and discoveted that 1/4 of earlie videos were missing ( over written ) due to small size memory card. These days 32Gb is minimum for 1ch, best is 64gb. For 2ch I would like to have 128Gb ( microsd ? )., Or like jokiins new dash cams have option of external HDD.

This fits my Computer Theory, "Everything shall expand to fill all space available." :p
This theory seems to work for storage space in my house too.

Sorry to spoil the 100% 32GB Poll result with my 16GB vote. I also keep a spare card in the car. If involved in an 'incident', I would remove the card that contained the evidence, & insert the spare card.

Don't feel bad, I plan on using 16GB cards, one in the camera and one for a spare if something happens. According to my calculations even a 16GB card should hold a few hours on the Mobius. Why do we need more time than that? Am I missing something here?

Back