what software can convert *.mov video with IMA WAV ADPCM audio track?

J

Jaranson

what software can convert *.mov video with IMA WAV ADPCM audio track?

when I play back the dash cam video using VLC Player, this is what it says.... the video plays fine in VLC Player, as well as Media Player Classic....

It's only when I run the video through video conversion/editing software that I run into trouble.... the video shows up, but no software that I use can recognize the audio track. :( I want to convert the dash cam *.mov to a more popular format, such as AVI, MKV, MP4....

Any advice appreciated! :)

GuMU9Mp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Place RegistratorViewer.exe on your microSD card. (or the folder your videos are in)
2) Launch it and it will auto import and group all similar time frame clips into one timeline.
3) If the clips are not grouped together, hold down Control or Shift so you can highlight/select them all, and then right click (pick group with)
4) Right click the group, and pick "save whole group", it will save your selection to .mp4

feature_3_en.png

Alternatively you can mark the exact spots/section you want to be the beginning and the exact end point in the video time line.
Right click and pick either.(Set selection start or end)
JuN8OOD.jpg

You can then save that as well. (right click, Save select fragment)

Last edited:
Not sure but have you tried "handbrake"? It's supposed to be quite capable. Registrator Viewer may not even be available anymore but it's development has ended long ago.

Phil

DaVinci Resolve is professional level software that is free.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

It is very powerful, but there is a steep learning curve.

The free version can offload H.264 editing to your PC's graphics card, but that feature is locked for H.265. You can still edit H.265, but everything is done by the CPU and navigation/editing is much slower.

If you're competent with command-line tools, FFmpeg can encode/decode/transcode/split/combine/truncate/concatenate almost every kind of digital video or audio. It's compatible with a huge range of codecs and container formats, and can easily perform the conversion you mentioned. Here's the instruction manual.

Plus, it's FOSS (y)

Not sure but have you tried "handbrake"? It's supposed to be quite capable.
HandBrake uses FFmpeg under the hood.

1) Place RegistratorViewer.exe on your microSD card. (or the folder your videos are in)
2) Launch it and it will auto import and group all similar time frame clips into one timeline.
3) If the clips are not grouped together, hold down Control or Shift so you can highlight/select them all, and then right click (pick group with)
4) Right click the group, and pick "save whole group", it will save your selection to .mp4

feature_3_en.png

Alternatively you can mark the exact spots/section you want to be the beginning and the exact end point in the video time line.
Right click and pick either.(Set selection start or end)
JuN8OOD.jpg

You can then save that as well. (right click, Save select fragment) https://www.techwiki.in/free-online-file-converters/
Is there an application to convert from one file type to another? In this case I need to convert .mp4 to .wav so that a CD will play on an old stereo or CD player in a car that only plays .wav. Would like to find something that will convert any of the usual audio files to another kind of audio file

Is there an application to convert from one file type to another? In this case I need to convert .mp4 to .wav so that a CD will play on an old stereo or CD player in a car that only plays .wav. Would like to find something that will convert any of the usual audio files to another kind of audio file

Back