What software do you watch your A119 videos with?

xreyuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DoD F520, Mobius ActionCam.
Hi All,

I was just wondering which software you guys use to watch your A119 footage, and also show the GPS data on?

I saw an old post on here when I browsing the other day, where someone had zoomed in on the footage to show a comparison of registration plates at 1440p and 1080p, does anyone know of software with this functionality?

Cheers!

I use Dashcam Viewer - works nicely. :)

I'm running a Windows 10 computer.

l also use Video LAN Player (VLP). That gives me somewhat erratic playback with a lot of short stops and starts. Not good for smooth playback. Too jittery. Cannot recommend. (n)

VLC, works well all of my cameras, with both operating systems i use

MPC......Media Player Classic

For some reason, VLC is now working correctly. Go figger...

Nextbase Replay 3 works well with Viofo A119S and is also able to show GPS speed and location on separate google map..can sometimes be bit jittery though but worth a try.....

Novatrakt, Dashcam Viewer, Nextbase Replay3 will all work with your camera
Nextbase Replay3 doesn't run/install under Windows XP.

be more specific - what OS do you use?
If you're still using XP, you can't really expect current software to always work properly. Microsoft stopped supporting XP in 2016, and software developers are now targeting Win10. It's no different in any other system. software developers long ago stopped writing software for MacOS 9.x and Linux distros older than 10 years. XP came out in 2001 so it's time to upgrade. You can get on the Windows Insider program for free and then you'll always be running the latest version of Win10. Your only issue may be lack of device drivers if your machine is really old.

Your only issue may be lack of device drivers if your machine is really old.
yes, this is my problem. my PC (a tower) was assembled in 2005 (ordered it over the internet) with all my hardware preferences and it's still alive. I see no reason for now to replace it.

yes, this is my problem. my PC (a tower) was assembled in 2005 (ordered it over the internet) with all my hardware preferences and it's still alive. I see no reason for now to replace it.
maybe investigate an upgrade to windows 8.1 - drivers might exist for your hardware. don't waste time on win7 though - support for it ends in 2019 if i remember right.

one really good reason to upgrade is because XP isn't getting any more security updates, and is a hacker's playground as a result. i'm certain that there's a list of vulnerabilities of XP (and vista) machines that will never be getting patched that hackers are actively exploiting.

Maybe look into a linux distro like Linux Mint - it's pretty user friendly and will run on almost anything. You can even try it out without affecting your windows install by running from CD. yes, it's super slow running from cd, but at least it lets you try everything out first.

another option is a cheap refurbished PC from Dell or HP - they sell business class machines that are around 3 years old that will easily handle win10 for as little as a couple hundred bucks. laptops are a little more.

things like this, (no available software) are only going to keep happening, these are the things that will end up making you need an upgrade
when (if) that time comes I'll upgrade it. I already ordered a replacement for my front A119 camera - I came to a conclusion that it's not recoverable.

Back