What software to view videos on PC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previously I used to use registrator viewer which worked great with my blackvue, but it is unable to pick up the GPS data from the SGGCX2PRO, so I'm looking for something better.

I've tried tried SG Dashcam Viewer 3.1.1 but it just doesn't work properly. I've got the correct codec pack, windows 10 x64 - but it is unusable - trying to seek a video takes 15 seconds plus, the whole computer constantly freezes solid, the speed display is out of sync with the video, and the video sometimes just disappears completely leaving just a black screen with just the sound playing.

I've used the same codec pack with registrator viewer, and it works instantly - the videos play and seek exactly as expected. No lag. It just works, but no GPS or speed data.

I've tried a different version of dashcam viewer 3.1.9, but this will only run in demo mode, not in full mode. However, it seems to work a bit better - less lag, speed/maps in sync, no black screen. Do I need to pay separately for dashcam viewer, or is this meant to be complimentary software?

there's no reason why the public version should run any different to our version, it's the same software

updated version of ours due in a few weeks time anyway though

what spec is your computer, Registrator Viewer is lighter on resources and can run on much lower spec computer

Nextbase Replay 3 will probably work (did last time I looked) but not sure how it compares from a resource perspective

Computer is core i7 quad core, 32 GB RAM, SSD, 12 GB Nvidia Titan graphics card - I think it's unlikely that there is a resource issue. I have no problem editing 4k videos on this system.

You're right, it's unlikely to be a resource issue, more likely some software is clashing with it, my computer is the same spec and it runs without any problem

Back