What the A129 Pro (4K Dashcam will look like)

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Exclusive Review to DCT.

Here is the very first unboxing video of what the forthcoming retail release of the A129 Pro 4K dashcam will look like from Viofo.

Thanks to Viofo for their assistance.

Please remember, I'm not a pro... ;)

You can find lots more information in the dedicated introductory thread for this dashcam here:

THREAD & EARLY DISCUSSION
Paul.

Last edited:
Excellent packaging and presentation, as usual.

Thank you for creating and sharing the video!

thanks, looks good, any release date yet?

We don't know yet. There's still things need testing and changing, and this takes time.

Once this is all sorted one of the Testers will confirm a release schedule/date.

Very keen for this release! Far too impressed with the A129's at the moment, very popular seller!

Do we know if the Bluetooth remote locks the entire loop or just a few seconds?
It moves the current file to the read only folder (out of the loop) for protection, if it is near the start of the file then it also moves the previous file and if it is near the end of the file then it also moves the next file. The length of the files is configurable, typically 3 minutes.

It moves the current file to the read only folder (out of the loop) for protection, if it is near the start of the file then it also moves the previous file and if it is near the end of the file then it also moves the next file. The length of the files is configurable, typically 3 minutes.
The bluetooth remote and the event button on the camera both do the same thing. The remote does not save a smaller snapshot video like the Vava.

I just really hope the cable to the rear camera and also the GPS mount can be reused, so its just a direct swap with the old A128 front camera

very nice! and I like that they will include a tool to make it easier to install the cable to the cameras.

I just really hope the cable to the rear camera and also the GPS mount can be reused, so its just a direct swap with the old A128 front camera
The cable and rear camera are compatible.

The GPS mount depends on which version of the mount you have, they will all fit and power the camera but with the first version of the mount the GPS and parking mode signals will not be seen. Can still be used as a spare for mounting in hire cars etc though and spare sticky pads are provided so that they can be swapped over and the old reused on a suction mount or whatever.

The cable and rear camera are compatible.

The GPS mount depends on which version of the mount you have, they will all fit and power the camera but with the first version of the mount the GPS and parking mode signals will not be seen. Can still be used as a spare for mounting in hire cars etc though and spare sticky pads are provided so that they can be swapped over and the old reused on a suction mount or whatever.

How do we know which version we have? i brought my A129 maybe 4 or so months ago

How do we know which version we have? i brought my A129 maybe 4 or so months ago
Try it, if it doesn't work then you will have to swap the mounts over...

If you have an HK3 then you can try it now, just plug the power cable into the mount, if it still switches to parking mode within a few seconds of turning the engine off then it is the new version.

Once I have my A129 Pro installed in my car (it's in the body shop right now), and I find myself satisfied with the product, I plan to buy another A129 Pro for my roommate as a gift for his new Ford Focus SE. :D

The A129 pro duo is yet to be released for sale.

Back