What Time Is It?

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
I am having trouble getting the times assigned to videos to correspond with the actual time. I think I know how to set the time in the App Settings. I have it now so that when I return to the Settings, the time is correct. But the times for the videos are crazy. I have a series of vids from this afternoon. They all say "a.m." on them. Yesterday, the times were one hour off from the actual time they were recorded. What am I doing wrong?

...What am I doing wrong?
I don't have a BlackVue but if it has a time zone setting did you adjust that to account for daylight savings time?

I don't have a BlackVue but if it has a time zone setting did you adjust that to account for daylight savings time?
It has a time zone setting (-7:00 from GMT for Los Angeles, where I am) and a daylight savings time check box (which is checked). It also has a manual setting which you can use as an option to GMT variance setting. Everything is fine in the Settings - manual time is correct, GMT variance is correct and daylight savings time is checked. In spite of all that, my videos are reporting in with whacky times that are way off from actual time. ????

I was having the same issue, time was always off.
What I did was set the clock to sync with GPS time (using BlackVue Viewer on my mac) and now it's accurate.
Located in preferences, obviously!

BlackVue time settings.png

What I did was set the clock to sync with GPS time (using BlackVue Viewer on my mac) and now it's accurate.

View attachment 38223
I have tried that and it didn't work for me. I will try it again - maybe it will work this time. Thank you.

Hmm, I know I tried setting it manually first - which didn't seem to work.
The sync with GPS time worked though, maybe try to go for a drive after?
Not sure where your car is located, mine was in an underground parking lot so there was no GPS at the time so.
I noticed it was good once I arrived back home after a drive.

I would prefer if we didn't have to use 24H time :finger:

To get mine to work, I set up the firmware to auto adjust from GPS, and manually set my GMT time to -5 (east coast USA), then selected the daylight savings time box. All in firmware settings in camera. Then save firmware settings, then format SD card to be safe (even though it will do it automatically when u make the changes).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To get mine to work, I set up the firmware to auto adjust from GPS, and manually set my GMT time to -5 (east coast USA), then selected the daylight savings time box. All in firmware settings in camera. Then save firmware settings, then format SD card to be safe (even though it will do it automatically when u make the changes).

Thanks! But need clarification on one thing - you say : "All in firmware settings in camera." Not sure what you mean by that. I have been setting my Firmware Settings using the Firmware tab under Settings in the Blackvue Viewer. That's the only way I know to change the firmware settings. Are you saying it can be done on/in the camera itself?

Thanks! But need clarification on one thing - you say : "All in firmware settings in camera." Not sure what you mean by that. I have been setting my Firmware Settings using the Firmware tab under Settings in the Blackvue Viewer. That's the only way I know to change the firmware settings. Are you saying it can be done on/in the camera itself?
No you're good. Use the app to change firmware settings in the camera.

View attachment 38223
How do you get your date and time designations into 5/15/2018 9:23 AM format rather than the default, 2018-05-15 19:23:00 format?

Or for us Brits, 15-05-2018 19:23:00 format.

View attachment 38223
How do you get your date and time designations into 5/15/2018 9:23 AM format rather than the default, 2018-05-15 19:23:00 format?

Uhh, that's just how it shows up for me?
Didn't change that at all, I guess that's just how it looks within the settings... so I assume yours would be the same.
For what it's worth, my recordings all show 2018-05-16 08:38:47
every single one, it's like my own little groundhogs day.
I'm kidding, it changes the date fine.

Yeah, I think we can't change the format because what we are looking at are file names. Oh well - not the end of the world; just harder to read.

Coincidentally, I just spent an hour and a half going through a thousand or so, one-minute-each surveillance videos that are connected with a case I am on. Talks about hard to read - every time you wanted to look at a new video, you had to go back to the file list and hunt down the next in order, based on date and time in the Brit format. Maddening!

Yeah, file names are pretty much the worst.
Though I doubt any other camera really labels them much better.

Personally, I've set my video segment for 3-minute recordings to reduce how many files I have to review.
Also, I usually only use the (Mac) BlackVue Viewer app, highlights the current file I'm reviewing - which makes it easy to find while scrolling through the list.

based on date and time in the Brit format. Maddening!
Us Brits don't put the year first. We just do the logical thing of LSB, middle bit, MSB, as in D-M-Y. It's you US peeps that have it all wrong with your M-D-Y:ROFLMAO:

I find that YYYYMMDD is the most logical representation (at least for file names) as it will sort to correct chronological order.

I find that YYYYMMDD is the most logical representation (at least for file names) as it will sort to correct chronological order.
That's the point that I was trying to make earlier re. filenames (might have been in the other similar thread).:) (other than the leg pulling about UK v US date formats):ROFLMAO:

Back