What to buy for impaired son?

minibigs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am looking for advice on what cameras to buy (front & rear if possible) for my impaired son. His issue is he has low strength & coordination in his hands.
I have just returned a Nextbase 522 GW with an integrated nbdvrs2rfcz rear camera module, ordered from Curries in the UK. partially because the SD card they bundled with it is not U3 compliant & the unit will not record on it.
The main reason for returning it was that my son could not sit in the car waiting for 30+ minutes while data was transferred from the camera to cloud or phone via bluetooth / wifi, he could not manage removing the camera from it's magnetic mount (I found it hard to do myself, as the magnetic connection is stronger than the suction holding the mount to the windscreen, thus 9 times out of 10 you end up pulling the whole lot off the windscreen rather than removing the camera), neither could he remove the SD card from it's annoyingly located fiddly small slot. Thus he has no means of getting videos off the camera.

I would welcome any suggestions of alternative cameras to look at, that have got either easily removed SD cards, are easy to remove from their mounts, or provide other easy data transfer alternatives, but hopefully are of equal or better quality to the 522 GW.

MicroSD is pretty much the standard so fiddly card access is going to be a thing, for most users the cards are not removed that often so it's not something that most are too concerned about, wifi access is only really suitable for occasional access on any model, it's not suitable for pulling large quantities of video off on a regular basis, again for most people this is not a concern as people don't typically look to copy video off unless there was some sort of incident that they need video for

Easiest to unmount/mount that I know of is the Viofo A119 V3, about as easy as hanging a coat on a hook, but it is only one channel, and no wifi.

The A129 has 2 channels, but the rear camera plugs into the front camera, doesn't need much strength but it does need some coordination to plug the rear camera USB cable back in, also to get the mount in the correct position to remount, needs more positional accuracy than the A119.

Thanks for your replies. I will take a look at the A119 / A129.

Back