What to buy? Git2 or SJ5000x Elite

Cornel

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I know this is a hard and difficult question and mabe a bit dangerous, but what is the best camera to buy in your opinion?

The Git2 of the SJ5000x Elite?

I am really thinking of buying one of these 2, but i do not know which to buy.

Mods: you can change the topic if it is not in the right place

On paper, Git2 easily win this battle. As both uses the same NT96660 chipset, Git2 has the upper hands by having better sensor (Sony IMX206 over Sony IMX078). Price wise, it is cheaper too. I don't have any experience with Gitup products, I can only compare them on paper.

there are many reports of hot pixels on the Git2. the imx078 actually takes sharper pictures in certain environments.

Both cameras have different functionalities and setting so it is hard to compare only the hardware.

The 2.0" make adds to "ease of recording"

We obviously would recommend the SJ5000x Elite

Can't say the SJ5000x+ Elite are bad i haven't tried it myself. The SJ5000x+ Elite was my first choice until i have heard of the sound problems however i think the sound problems has been fixed now.. too late since i already bough the Git2.
Also, the Git2 seem to have hot pixels problems in very very dark situation.. but SJ5000+ Elite can have this problem too (youtube.com/watch?v=Z0sqdGqstGQ). So i think this problem (if we can call this a problem at all) can happen with sensors with higher number of pixels. They will require more lightning.

The reasons i have choosen the Git2 over the SJ5000x+ Elite aside the sound problem.
- Remote control.
- Size more like the GoPro, SJ5000x Elite is bigger than a GoPro a bit. All accessories on the GoPro can fit the Git2.
- External mic support.
- Quick recording when the camera is OFF. I think this is a nice feature.
- Cheaper.
- Warm colors.

But i guess both cams are great.

Back