What type of memory cards will and won't work on the möbius?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a 32gb memory card, I think that's the max in möbius?

But when I first got my möbius a couple of years a go I purchased a card that was the wrong class and it didn't work, I'm not sure if it was the class 10 that didn't work?

Can anyone tell me which classes will work and not work? As I don't want to do that mistake again.

they recommend Kingston Class 4 cards as being the most reliable, very hard to buy these days though, generally just use a decent brand name card (no Sandisk cards) from a reputable seller (ie: no fakes) and you can use up to 128gb cards provided you format correctly

they recommend Kingston Class 4 cards as being the most reliable, very hard to buy these days though, generally just use a decent brand name card (no Sandisk cards) from a reputable seller (ie: no fakes) and you can use up to 128gb cards provided you format correctly
Why not Sandisk? I use a 64gb Sandisk Ultra in my Mobius with no issues.

Why not Sandisk? I use a 64gb Sandisk Ultra in my Mobius with no issues.

in most cards if you get a bad sector it will mark that sector not to be used and it's business as usual, the Sandisk cards can change to read only on errors which renders them useless from that point on, their cards are good quality, just the way they do things makes them not suitable for this purpose

in most cards if you get a bad sector it will mark that sector not to be used and it's business as usual, the Sandisk cards can change to read only on errors which renders them useless from that point on, their cards are good quality, just the way they do things makes them not suitable for this purpose

I'm not doubting you personally but how definite is that, makes the cards pretty useless for any purpose other than being able to still get data off the card when one goes so hard to believe they'd be that daft.

Particular shame if definitely right given Argos have 64Gb class 10 for £9.99!

I'm not doubting you personally but how definite is that, makes the cards pretty useless for any purpose other than being able to still get data off the card when one goes so hard to believe they'd be that daft.

Particular shame if definitely right given Argos have 64Gb class 10 for £9.99!

it won't always happen but it's quite common, keep in mind that dashcam use isn't their primary market so for the most common uses like mobile phone storage it's a non issue, the lifetime warranty excludes DVR usage anyway so I'm sure Sandisk are still coming out in front

it won't always happen but it's quite common, keep in mind that dashcam use isn't their primary market so for the most common uses like mobile phone storage it's a non issue, the lifetime warranty excludes DVR usage anyway so I'm sure Sandisk are still coming out in front

Okey, thanks.

I did previously use Sandisk cards and didn't have too many failures, any brand we've used has had failures though, none are fail safe, I've used Sandisk, Samsung, Toshiba, Kingston mostly and over many thousands of cards I've used they all have some cards that will fail, main reason to change though is some cards work better with some chipsets

There is currently offer on argos for 64GB Sandisk card for 9.99.

Should I try and buy something more compatible for mobius or recent software updates and this cheap price is worth a try?

@Gabacho
It's hard to find an old card like this anywhere that is genuine and for reasonable price, that's why I asked about newer card, that would be useful in other devices if I get rid of mobius or upgrade.

the Class 10 Kingston cards are no problem with the Novatek chipset and are easier to find in the market

I prefer Transcend, and have a good history with them across many dashcam products. If you do need to submit a Transcend RMA replacement, it's no hassle, no questions, no receipt needed as well.

The RMA process for Kingston was difficult and I gave up. (couldn't get them to accept it)

What can you tell me about the Integral microSD cards? Are they good, average, crappy, or will they work properly in the Mobius? If I choose to use the 18Mbps setting I'll definitely need more storage space.
There's a promotion in an electronics store here, where they're selling the UltimaPro X MicroSDXC 64GB 90MB/s Class 10 UHS-1 U3 for only 25,99€ ($28,12 USD). Their normal price is 34,99€ ($37,99 USD).

Under @jokiin's signature, "memory card" have informations you need.

Under @jokiin's signature, "memory card" have informations you need.
No it doesn't, that's why I asked. ;)
Also because I don't know if anyone has any experience with Integral cards.

Soooo, does anyone know anything about these Integral cards? :rolleyes:

Back