What version am I running?

dsldude

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR500GW-HD
Might seem like a stupid question but I thought I was on 1.008 after having a look on the MicroSD then I saw this. What should I believe?

image.jpg

Open the viewer and click on the exclamation mark in top row That will also tell you.

If you have a DR500 go to the Pittasoft site and download 1.009E and viewer 2.101

Or you could stay on stable, robust version 1.005 that you already have.

Havent had any problems with 1.009 so far.

Viewer 2.101 is a different kettle of fish as it doesnt appear correctly on my computer.

All of the previous versions did so there is something wrong with the new version, which so far Blackvue have not addressed

It appears the OP is posting the APP version and not the camera software version

Last edited:
It appears the OP is posting the APP version and not the camera software version

I thought the screenshot had both.

App version 1.201
F/W 1.005

I just checked my phone and when not connected via WiFi it only reports the App version.

I probably didn't explain it too well last night, it was after a few glasses of grape juice! I'm fairly new to this camera and was a bit concerned about whether or not my new purchase was a valid one or a clone. I had read about the various issues with firmware for Korean versus English and how it couldn't be changed easily. I was even more worried as I bought mine from an online retailer based in London with a Russian sounding name and when it (eventually) arrived it was all in Korean!

When I checked the MicroSD I could see that it had 1.008E on there and when the device first booted it spoke in English with no error messages so I was happy enough.

So.... I wondered after seeing the screenshot if there was something wrong and/or whether or not I should update to the new 1.009 version? Is there a release note anywhere that says what the benefits of the upgrade are? Is it worth it? I'm not one to upgrade just for the sake of it, it sometimes results in some pain later.

sorry for all the noob questions.

;)

Untitled.png

??????? You say it said 1.008 and yet your screenshot shot says 1.005

normally when you use the viewer it gives a SOFTWARE version and a FIRMWARE version as above which is as it says

You only get an APP version on a phone

I have never seen that shot before so what did it come from A MAC ??????
If it works without problems why worry.

the revisions in 1.009 are
"Download version 1.009 of BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware.
Highlights:
- BlackVue Viewer for Windows v2.101
- Fixed the bug when switching off the mic in Preferences wouldn't switch it off."

Last edited:
Sorry, yes. The screenshot was taken from the phone and not the PC.

Try using the viewer like I did and see what you get More settings are available using it as well

Back