What version of firmware is everyone using?

KI TAE LEE

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
I'm using v1.5.

Please tell me which version you are using.

Unfortunately, viofo seems only interested in new products.

Unfortunately, after a129 duo, I will leave the viofo product.
This company is not interested in user firmware and problems.
I'm only interested in advertising new products.

Why products like 70mai pro, 70mai a800 are so popular.
And viofo has to reflect on whether he is loved by users.

What kind of features do you require on A129 Duo?

In v2.1 version, I think at least the management of sd card or error has improved.

However, there seems to be a reason why many users use v1.5.

Please allow us to set the forced parking mode or switch the drive mode using the MIC button.

".. nothing but the truth" only basic functions:
1) Stable recording without gaps/freeze;
2) Stable switching between drive and park mode;
3) Quick responce on BT button.
And no any extrafeature like WiFi station etc.
So the only v1.5 + LowBitrate.

Last edited:
V1.5 because it just works. I use low bitrate parking mode. Would love buffered but let's be honest it just doesn't work properly and never will.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

How can I put it nicely... have you notice most people still run 1.x firmware? Anything past 1.8 has issues particular in parking mode. I downgraded from 2.1 back to 1.81 because of that.

Rather than pushing out new hardware and firmware that breaks thing for most of us, if you can spend some time reading and responding would be highly appreciated. Please don't be one of those company that produce new products and abandon the people that bought it, I am feeling abandoned, all promises but nothing delivered.

Damn I just updated to v2.1 and now you guys having me wanting to go back to v1.9 I was on before!

What's the best firmware from video quality standpoint? I don't need parking mode. Is there already a firmware version available that doesn't suffer from frame doubling issues, and, if such version exists, where I can download it (if not from Viofo site)?

Thanks for your opinions!

Damn I just updated to v2.1 and now you guys having me wanting to go back to v1.9 I was on before!

No you dont have to do that, it seem the people having problems with later firmwares are in regard to parking mode, the newer firmwwares ( i think, dont have this viofo model ) should be fine if you dont use parking mode.

No you dont have to do that, it seem the people having problems with later firmwares are in regard to parking mode, the newer firmwwares ( i think, dont have this viofo model ) should be fine if you dont use parking mode.
I use parking mode. I ended up downgrading back to 1.5 since the general consensus it is the most stable

I was using 1.9 but was having some weird beeps and stuff. Went up to 2.1 just to double check buffered mode, which just doesn't work. It works sometimes, but other times (and its regular), it just misses the "next" segment of recording but records the one after that (ie, it gets triggered cause something is moving, but doesn't keep recording into the next segment, but for some reason, it decides to record the segment after that one which is often useless/has nothing happening). Thats a deal breaker. Plus it then decided to fill up the card and error out for the whole day i left it to test it, rather than record over its self.

So i'm heading back to 1.5 (or possibly 1.81 if i can find it, since someone above mentioned it, i may go to the altered bitrate version for better quality too).

Just an actually working buffered park mode, or just drop it if its never going to work and leave us with a working, motion triggered park mode that reliably records every time!
Or just add it as "another feature"!

Back