What video player to use?

IDN

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I just got a A129 Plus Duo. What software can I use to watch both the front and rear camera recording simultaneously? I try to use the free version of dashcam viewer but I can't view my rear cam recording. I tried to open the rear cam file by itself but dashcam viewer said that I just need to open the front cam file and it'll automatically detect the rear cam file but it doesn't seem to be working. Any software recommendation? I use windows 10.

Thanks!

you can try DVPlayer, details here

Have a look at the filenames of the front and rear files. I have found that the A139 names them something like 2020_1108_134121_F and 2020_1108_134121_R but sometimes the last file must save slightly later and have the name 2020_1108_134122_R instead which stops dashcam viewer linking the 2 files. If you change the last number so it matches the front file it then works correctly.

you can try DVPlayer, details here

After changing the file as instructed below. Dashcam viewer finally detects the rear cam file. I tried DVPlayer and it works too! Thanks for the recommendation.
Have a look at the filenames of the front and rear files. I have found that the A139 names them something like 2020_1108_134121_F and 2020_1108_134121_R but sometimes the last file must save slightly later and have the name 2020_1108_134122_R instead which stops dashcam viewer linking the 2 files. If you change the last number so it matches the front file it then works correctly.
Yes all my files have different names. So I think this is a firmware bug? I think it'll be time consuming to rename manually all the rear cam file by myself. Thanks for the solution!

I think it'll be time consuming to rename manually all the rear cam file by myself.
I'm tagging @traveler (the author of DCV) so he's aware of this issue. Many SG cameras have the same time stamp difference between front and rear cameras and he's adapted the program to handle them.

I'm tagging @traveler (the author of DCV) so he's aware of this issue. Many SG cameras have the same time stamp difference between front and rear cameras and he's adapted the program to handle them.
As in John at Earthshine? Could do with asking him why merging videos doesn’t seem to work in the standard version.

Thanks! I hope this can be fixed. I really like the feature on dashcam viewer.

Hi, I just got a A129 Plus Duo. What software can I use to watch both the front and rear camera recording simultaneously? I try to use the free version of dashcam viewer but I can't view my rear cam recording. I tried to open the rear cam file by itself but dashcam viewer said that I just ne@Ied to open the front cam file and it'll automatically detect the rear cam file but it doesn't seem to be working. Any software recommendation? I use windows 10.

Thanks!
@IDN A129 Plus Duo support was just added to Dashcam Viewer. Please see this link.

Back