What would you like to see changed or added to the DV988

34Ford

Reaction score
Country
United States
What would you guys like to see changed or added to the DV988.

I would like to see a solid background behind the date and gps info to make it more readable during playback. Maybe add your speed as well.

Attachments

• bsc.jpg
    bsc.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 9
So I start editing some videos and find out somebody decided to make the 988 output mov files. What the hell?

Sony Vegas dont get along with mov's. So I have to either convert a friggen load of videos, or find a better mov editor for windows 7.

I remember that GoPro used MOV file also, and suggest this player editor Lightworks for W7!

So now you guys want to be a GoPro.
I prefer Garmin over Gopro anyway.

So I start editing some videos and find out somebody decided to make the 988 output mov files. What the hell?

Sony Vegas dont get along with mov's. So I have to either convert a friggen load of videos, or find a better mov editor for windows 7.
Many or most dashcams are in .mov format, no decent cams use .avi anymore but a lot of older ones did. Some cams now use .ts which is their unconverted internal language. One benefit of .ts is that any data which makes it to the card won't be corrupted by an improper shutdown like you get from most cams in that situation.

Don't know why Vegas doesn't do .mov; it's very common and not new at all so I'd put that blame on Sony instead of the cam.

Phil

Phil. Yes I do put the blame on Sony, a search revealed that it has problems with mov's. But I am so comfortable with it and Mp4's just plain working. Now I have to look for a new editor and now a new learning curve.

So I got Adobe Premiere Pro now and Sony is so much easier. Apple Quicktime 7.7.9 for windows is only a player?

I guess all of Blueskysea cameras are going to mov?

I just started using the DV988 on our Arcimoto 3-wheeled motorcycle. I have a few suggestions. 1. Can camera mounts be more flexible. I need to mount it on a tube frame that is at an angle that I simply can’t adjust without using a ball mount, something that will likely jitter. 2. Can we buy camera wire extensions separately? I used all the extensions just getting the rear camera to the back of the motorcycle. 3. Wider view on the camera, especially one for the rear. 4. Better sun visibility for the lcd, maybe a shroud add on. I know I’m not supposed to use the 988 as a backup camera but we do.

I guess all of Blueskysea cameras are going to mov?
I don't know about BSS, but .mov is the most common dashcam format today (save for the cheap junk still using .avi perhaps).

I'm just about to get into movie editing programs- I haven't tried anything yet, but being cheap limits things, and most "freeware" of this type is either "trialware" or unnecessarily invasive on your PC with some spamming you with ads and pop-ups :mad: "OpenShot" seems the best of those simple platforms; you'd probably want premium grade programs for a better experience.

Phil

After about 35 years with windows, I finally made the switch to mac. Final Cut Pro has been a god send.

Is there a better App to support downloads to my phone an android the one recommended,
Roadcam, is pretty useless major issues with connection to the DV988 and will not connect any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Easier to take out the sd card without needing to use a tiny screw driver. An extra length of cable - or the ability to buy a small piece for a normal price which isn’t $25 for 3 ft. 4K video. I know the camera mount has been changed but it still doesn’t offer enough camera angle adjustments. We had to fabricate our own for the front.

Yes, I need a tiny screwdriver to remove the micro SD card. Also, the camera quality is not nearly as good as my cheap VIOFO 119 v3.

FYI, B2M with an LCD screen on the way...

Back