What's best for the customer?

ComeBack

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hello DashCamTalk!

I am very excited to write my first post in this community. We are a newly formed company in Bulgaria, that is focused on Quality over Quantity and we are trying to find the best fits for our market.

What would you suggest for a medium to high class dashcams (we already have BlackVue as our high-end dashcams) for personal use and what would you suggest for taxi drivers and people in the transportation sector ? We were thinking about a 360 degree panoramic camera, but so far the samples we have gathered all create the video in a 360 round format which lowers the quality of the initial video, hence making the recognition of the car plate impossible.

Thank you in advance,
Alexander

To give some credibility to your question perhaps you could describe your new company. How big is the "we" you speak of. Number of employees.. financial backing.. how much you intend to spend on research and development. Working out of a parents garage or a real factory.. So many questions.. so little information

IMO Blackvue are only high end on the price, and maybe the "smart" features, their customer-care / service also dont seem to be all that great, but maybe you guys have gotten a deal with them where you will be able to do better for your customers.

Forget about a 360 camera for a car, that will be years before IQ and the price will be where people would buy those in great numbers.

@Ralph2 , I did not give detailed information about this topic, because I am interested in specific models that are already on the market, currently we cannot afford to pay a factory to create models specifically designed for us and have them branded for our company. That's the plan for the future and on the current stage we work with what we've got.

@kamkar1, thank you for the reply. I suppose my question was not very well structured. We are content with BlackVue, hence we are not looking for a dashcam which can be competitive with BlackVue, but instead a cheaper model which for example doesn't have Cloud system and/or mobile application. We are looking for a 1080-1440p quality of video with a framerate of 30/60. If we have to talk numbers - we need a camera which is 40%-60% of the price of a BlackVue DR750S for example.

Please if you need some more information about our work ethics and company feel free to ask !

With respect,
Alexander

The A119S and the new A129 are very good mid-market values. The B1W is an excellent budget level cam. Anything from Street Guardian will be excellent. Development continues with all these and unlike Blackvue customer support is good. You can contact Viofo, estore009, and jokin to inquire about dealer discounts, they are active members here.

Phil

Back