What's customer service for A118C?

what make is the A118c? there is more than one manufacturer

spytec in NYC seem to be some okay guys, i done business with them one time,,, or should that be 2 times :rolleyes:
I tried to buy a lukas LK-7500 via ebay from them, but then ebay said it was illegal to sell video cameras to Denmark and cancelled the order, so i just went to their own storefront online and got my Lukas that way.

I did contact ebay and told them this is Denmark not North Korea and importing any kind of video recording devise are okay, hell acording to DK customs home page i can even import a nuclear reactor. :rolleyes::cautious:

Arnt there any info you can take from A118 reviews on youtube ?

Just post all the questions you need the answers to in here then, many people here know what a lot of the settings do and what they mean

Just post all the questions you need the answers to in here then, many people here know what a lot of the settings do and what they mean
Okay. This is the A118C .
I checked to see if there is any update and I found FWB40A.bin. I was able to update it.

But I have questions about the settings. Sorry for sounding stupid . I am very new to Dashcams.

Thank you so much in advance for answering and helping me with the setting below:

What is Capture Mode and what should I set it on?

Resolution? It has 12M ********* or 10M*********, etc?

Sequence? Off or On?

Quality? Select "Fine"?

Sharpness? select "Strong"?

White Balance? select "Auto"?

Color ? select "Color"?

ISO? select "Auto"?

What's EV? What should I select?

Anti Shaking? Set to "ON"?

Quick Review? Select2, 5 seconds or Off?

Yesterday

you need to list what options are offered for each if you want to know what you should choose, some of this is still photo settings which can be ignored anyway

Resolution 12 / 10 M if thats megapixel then its interpolated pictures and you do not want to go there the camera are 2 mpixel.
Sequence on/off ???? i am not sure what that's good for.
Quality, yes you would like that to be fine, i assume this is the bitrate and you would like that to be high so fine or if its there ultra fine.
Sharpness, it should default to normal i think, strong will make the footage look a little weird.
White balance should always be auto.
Color ???? not quite sure what the options are here but you will off course want your recordings to be color. ( maybe you can select incandescent - black and white and so on but dont bother with those )
ISO, this should always be on Auto
EV is something to do with exposure, normally it range from -2.0 -----> 0 --------> + 2.0 Normally this should be on 0 and not need any changes.
Anti shaking, this are probably EIS ( Electronic Image Stabilization ) there shouldent be any need for this in a dashcam.
Quick Review ???? i have no idea what that can be.

Resolution 12 / 10 M if thats megapixel then its interpolated pictures and you do not want to go there the camera are 2 mpixel.
Sequence on/off ???? i am not sure what that's good for.
Quality, yes you would like that to be fine, i assume this is the bitrate and you would like that to be high so fine or if its there ultra fine.
Sharpness, it should default to normal i think, strong will make the footage look a little weird.
White balance should always be auto.
Color ???? not quite sure what the options are here but you will off course want your recordings to be color. ( maybe you can select incandescent - black and white and so on but dont bother with those )
ISO, this should always be on Auto
EV is something to do with exposure, normally it range from -2.0 -----> 0 --------> + 2.0 Normally this should be on 0 and not need any changes.
Anti shaking, this are probably EIS ( Electronic Image Stabilization ) there shouldent be any need for this in a dashcam.
Quick Review ???? i have no idea what that can be.
I updated with the firmware posted on https://dashcamtalk.com/b40-a118/#Latest_Firmware. The latest firmware for the A118C is A118C_20160316.7z from Viofo.

Everything in the setting is now different from what it was, I don't find G SENSOR in the menu and No parking mode . Not even the quality like 720p or 1080p. Can you tell me where is the G sensor and quality settings?

And can you tell me what to select on these ?

What is Capture Mode and what should I set it on?

Resolution? It has 12M ********* or 10M*********, etc?

I updated with the firmware posted on https://dashcamtalk.com/b40-a118/#Latest_Firmware. The latest firmware for the A118C is A118C_20160316.7z from Viofo.

Everything in the setting is now different from what it was, I don't find G SENSOR in the menu and No parking mode . Not even the quality like 720p or 1080p.
Do you have the firmware the camera originally came with? It may be the firmware you installed may not be totally compatible with your camera.

Generally speaking if there's not a specific reason for updating the F/W you shouldn't.

Yeah those things you put down some of then look like they belong in a action camera, but i cant really tell i never handled the A118C or any of its siblings.

Do you have the firmware the camera originally came with? It may be the firmware you installed may not be totally compatible with your camera.

Generally speaking if there's not a specific reason for updating the F/W you shouldn't.
I have no clue about the original firmware that came with it. I bought it in 2015 and only recently, a month ago installed/hardwired it at Best buy in back as review view cam.

I always believed and thought that new firmware updates are meant to improve and even add more. That's why I looked for update and found it and updated it. I am just confused with the menus in the settings after the new update A118C_20160316.7z from Viofo.

I have no clue about the original firmware that came with it. I bought it in 2015 and only recently, a month ago installed/hardwired it at Best buy in back as review view cam.

I always believed and thought that new firmware updates are meant to improve and even add more. That's why I looked for update and found it and updated it. I am just confused with the menus in the settings after the new update A118C_20160316.7z from Viofo.
What you say is generally true but only if the firmware is compatible with your specific version of the camera. Over the years the A118c has had multiple iterations and the F/W for one may not be compatible with others.

You say you bought yours from SpyTec. On their site they have the current version of the F/W and documentation. I can't say for sure if it's correct for your camera - that's something you will have to determine yourself, hopefully SpyTec customer service can help you with that.

Here's the link to the firmware: http://support.spytecinc.com/help/a118-c-1080p-hd-dash-camera-w-capacitor-current-firmware

And the documentation that should answer your questions: http://support.spytecinc.com/help/a118-c-1080p-hd-dash-camera-w-capacitor-user-manual

Back