What's EDOG?

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I've just had a new dashcam land and it's got a setting called EDOG - anyone got any ideas what that is supposed to mean please?!

It goes "Woof" when it detects movement?

if you can write the model of the dashcam it can help.
post the link.

The GPS Radar Detector (E-Dog) , also called “vehicle early warning instrument”, is a kind of car device used to remind the presence of electronic or speed detector radar and warn the driver who over speeds in driving in advance to avoid getting speeding or traffic tickets.

Ah thank-you so they've added radar detection support - I guess it's like the files as that's what Street Storm do too in their models.

Ah thank-you so they've added radar detection support - I guess it's like the files as that's what Street Storm do too in their models.

there's two types, one is radar detector (as in the one you linked), the other is a fixed camera database

it dont say witch radar bands it support, and whether laser is supported ? i would prefer a upgradeable database as 99 % of all speedmesurment here is done by mobile units but in the same locations and then road works.

Only once have a i seen a police car parked in a random spot and mesuring ppl with a laser gun, normally they are too busy making power point presentations and fill out forms at the station.

I know the Speed Storm and TeXet cams just used a text file - it was available for Russian ones and from that you could probably get a copy from another country and transform it into the right format.

Back