Whats the difference with SGGCX2?

Yep. you guys should push really hard on the rear channel option in the specs, like big bold letters :)

Hi, I'm here looking to replace a discontinued Street Guardian SGZC12SG

By looking at the specs on Street Guardian's site it appears the Pro has an upgraded processor and different sensor than the non-Pro.

cams.JPG

Forgive my ignorance, but is the Pro version even available in the US as of yet? I haven't been able to find one.

We only have a few pieces of the new SGGCX2PRO Main front camera only so the Amazon Listing isn’t live yet. (Few more weeks for full launch which will include an optional rear camera as well)

I just sent you a private message where to buy SGX2PRO direct from our site.

it appears the Pro has an upgraded processor and different sensor than the non-Pro
Yes the PRO have the 9663 chip-set otherwise it can not support the optional rear camera, and solo it can do 1080 / 60 fps on the front camera alone, and also Yes to the sensor being upgraded, its not mind boggling better then the non PRO, but every little thing count.
I think its the goto camera for people that like the idea of 2 channel system but just cant part with that much money right now, so keep the optional rear camera on the wish list for X mas.

How much of a step up is the Pro compared to the GCV3? Thanks.

How much of a step up is the Pro compared to the GCV3? Thanks.

SGGCX2PRO is smaller than the SG9665GC V3

Updated NT9666x chipset CPU supports dual channel 1080P or single channel 1080P 60FPS. Optional internal external various rear camera choices can be added.

The updated backside illuminated Sony Exmor R Star Vis sensor and updated lens gives the best image quality yet.

You can also add optional true parking mode via SGX2HW cable coming soon.

The new 2 piece cable cover keeps the install extra tidy and stealthy as well. (Pick your height).

Updated 3M Adhesive is stronger

Beep warning supported for any card errors detected

The pivot angle is 90° to support true vertical truck bus type windows now

X2 Warranty is 2 years instead of 1 year GC had

Last edited:
What is the FOV on the SGGCX2PRO rear camera? Is it the same as the front cam?

right now anyone using the rear cam would be using the same camera that the DC comes with, we have 3 other rear camera options releasing soon so there will be a bit of variety in the spec and application options

right now anyone using the rear cam would be using the same camera that the DC comes with, we have 3 other rear camera options releasing soon so there will be a bit of variety in the spec and application options

Thanks, I thought it might be the same as the DC. What will be the other three rear camera options? Hope a slightly narrower view will be available.

there will be different sensor and lens options and two waterproof models, for the rear a wider view is often preferred however the same cameras will have a front application for another model we're doing so a narrower option is still needed

there will be different sensor and lens options and two waterproof models, for the rear a wider view is often preferred however the same cameras will have a front application for another model we're doing so a narrower option is still needed

I'm starting to think about replacing my GC V2 which is getting long in the tooth and is suffering from a left side slightly out of focus issue so the SGGCX2PRO may be a good candidate. I agree that for many a wider rear view camera is preferred but as you know, I drive a pick-up truck where a narrower FOV is more optimal, hence the question.

my car is similar layout to yours, I still like the existing viewing angle but in saying that I may also go with an external camera right at the rear to cover what gets hidden from the rear window mounted camera by the tub

my car is similar layout to yours, I still like the existing viewing angle but in saying that I may also go with an external camera right at the rear to cover what gets hidden from the rear window mounted camera by the tub

Yeah, the tailgate blocks the view of any vehicle that is very close to my rear bumper but otherwise with the camera high enough in the rear window (on the headliner) it's not too bad. With the camera in the rear window of my pick-up I find it very useful to be able to keep an eye on any cargo I have stowed in the bed as well as having coverage of either side of the bed out on the road and when parked. If I were to put a camera all the way in the rear, say on the tailgate I would also lose the full 360º overlapped camera coverage I currently enjoy with my four cameras. The wide coverage I get from my current side cameras also is one of the reasons for preferring a narrower longer focal length rear camera. Ultimately, each vehicle installation is different, as are personal needs and preferences so I really like the concept of a camera with several options.

Yeah, the tailgate blocks the view of any vehicle that is very close to my rear bumper but otherwise with the camera high enough in the rear window (on the headliner) it's not too bad. With the camera in the rear window of my pick-up I find it very useful to be able to keep an eye on any cargo I have stowed in the bed as well as having coverage of either side of the bed out on the road and when parked. If I were to put a camera all the way in the rear, say on the tailgate I would also lose the full 360º overlapped camera coverage I currently enjoy with my four cameras.
yeah I have multiple cameras so having more that one rear camera isn't an issue, appreciate that that's not the norm though in which case if I had to choose between the two I'd be going for the one in top of my rear window rather than the one at the rear step for the better overall coverage result

Back