What's the Pros Choice for Individual Dash Cams?

Biped

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to find out from the pros on this group what their choice would be for individual cameras for the front and rear of my vehicle?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Two individual cameras will get you higher bitrate and better video quality but none of them will be comparable to the F770 for parking mode. If parking mode is a priority, stick with the F770.

If parking mode is an occasional need, you could run two separate cameras off a quality power bank and let them record while you're away.

Last edited:
I like to find out from the pros on this group what their choice would be for individual cameras for the front and rear of my vehicle?

Thank you!
that's easy. You can see what they use on the left panel. Righ below their nick. In the dashcam section. :cool:

What car make / model / year do you drive?
What are your priorities ?
Budget?

What car make / model / year do you drive?
What are your priorities ?
Budget?

I drive a 2016 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. The front camera will be mounted top of the windshield which is approximately 6 1/2 feet from the ground. The rear camera I cut a 2 inch round hole in the upper portion of the back door with a Tiffen neutral density filter as its window. This neutral density filter is positioned about 7 1/2 feet from the ground.

I know tag numbers are very hard to capture but I'd like to get as best picture quality as I could possibly get. I probably spent up to $300 per camera.

I drive a 2016 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. The front camera will be mounted top of the windshield which is approximately 6 1/2 feet from the ground. The rear camera I cut a 2 inch round hole in the upper portion of the back door with a Tiffen neutral density filter as its window. This neutral density filter is positioned about 7 1/2 feet from the ground.

I know tag numbers are very hard to capture but I'd like to get as best picture quality as I could possibly get. I probably spent up to $300 per camera.

Just to clarify - read cam will be mounted inside or outside, other words do you need weatherproof or standard camera ?

Just to clarify - read cam will be mounted inside or outside, other words do you need weatherproof or standard camera ?

Rear camera will be mounted inside. Need standard camera.

My new bus is based on the sprinter. Behind the steering wheel, on the dash is a little 'cubby' with a handy USB socket. My sprinter has two batteries, one for starting & the other for everything else - mind you, it needs plenty of juice to run a tail- lift plus sliding door & electric step!
On the plus side, as soon as the key fob is pressed to unlock the vehicle, my cam starts recording & the dual batt system doesn't interfere with the supply when I turn the engine on.
I have my Mobius mounted behind the mirror on the bottom of the rain sensor/lane departure etc, cowl.
When I press the fob to lock the vehicle, the usb socket continues to power the cam for another minute or so.
Happy days.
The lead runs across the back of the cubby, under the dash. Held in place with lashings of blu-tack. It then comes out of the cubby and disappears behind the window pillar trim and across the top of the screen. A practically invisible install.

Good luck with your install

Back