Whats white, 4'x4' and goes 65mph?

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeh yeh, I shouldve strapped it down, but I was going 3 miles down the road and didnt anticipate my damn tailgate coming open. Hauled tons of stuff over my life and never have had this happen. Thank goodeness it was early morning on a Sunday, so very little traffic. Using the lines on the road, I estimate it slid 220'. *Rated R for language*

Not securing your load ( in a commercial 18 wheeler or on a pickup bed or trailer ) are just so bad in so many ways, most prominent being that if it cause harm it is almost guarantied to be happening to innocent bystanders.

And you see it a lot here, people towing trailers with a load not secured, and you see their garbage lie roadside for months before it finally get picked up.

Must've left it on spin cycle. Or was it a tumble drier? :)

Definitely one of those "if only I could turn the clock back 5 minutes" moments. At least it was quiet, so no major drama.

Yeh yeh, I shouldve strapped it down, but I was going 3 miles down the road and didnt anticipate my damn tailgate coming open.
Some years ago, when (finally) the use of seatbelts became mandatory everywhere here in Portugal (they used to be mandatory only outside of urban areas), there was this campaign on TV to raise awareness for the new rules. That campaign was based on a true story and showed a driver that went out for a coffee "just down the road" and got killed on a head-on crash. ;)

so what's wrong with the tailgate that it fell open so easy? i wouldn't have expected it to open either. just maybe wasn't latched all the way?

I have no idea. I pulled on it before leaving to ensure it was latched. I guess the bump caused it to fail.

Look on the bright side- you're already on the way to opening a business for "scratch-and-dent" appliance sales :ROFLMAO: I always 'rattle' tailgates forward and back several times with effort to help seat balky latches- so far it seems to work well ;)

Phil

Back