What's your ideal cloud dashcams?

Stone dashcams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
As a seller on the Car dashcam, we want to make a cloud dashcam which is fit with the "Telematics", we are working based on the functions as below:
1,Connecting with the OBD interface, as we all know, the OBD will show the healthy condition of the car, including the consuming of oil/ engine/exhaust system and so on.
2,App which allow you connect with your mobile device,such as iphone/Andorid.
3,WIFI, just not like the other car DVR, their source of the WIFI is car DVR, so it will work within 10 miles; For ours, the WIFI is from the 3G/4G SIM card in the OBD box, so you can surf on the internet under its WIFI.
4,Coud service: Archive/store/browse the videos from the cloud.
5,Parking mode: Monitor your car 24/7 online, remaind you any emergency by APP in real time.

And what the other functions you want to add? What's your ideal smart dashcams? Maybe your idea will come true here.

are you seller or manufacturer? your account here will get recognised according to which you are

are you seller or manufacturer? your account here will get recognised according to which you are
I'm a seller, my company has its own factory and workshop, and I come from the same country with you, and I never care where the memebers in this forum come from, I just concern whether the questions and answers are constructive, not like you.

I'm a seller, my company has its own factory and workshop, and I come from the same country with you, and I never care where the memebers in this forum come from, I just concern whether the questions and answers are constructive, not like you.

you misunderstand my question, the forum admin will update your details to show if you are seller or manufacturer (you said seller but your questions sound like manufacturer), once your account is updated users will better understand who they are dealing with, it is to help you

you misunderstand my question, the forum admin will update your details to show if you are seller or manufacturer (you said seller but your questions sound like manufacturer), once your account is updated users will better understand who they are dealing with, it is to help you
okay, thanks for your advise.

My idea of the ideal dashcam is one that takes high quality video has decent settings for parking mode and nothing else

Cars are getting far to complicated and the emphisis should be on Driving the bloody thing and not on all the ancillaries like are being introduced.

If you have to have internet connectivity for whatever reason 24/7 you have a pretty sad life and there are more and more accidents from people doing everything but driving.

Less is more in my case.

I would like some information from the OBD interface to be on my car, indicators - brakes - throttle and that's about it.
And i would like a dashcam with a hidden main unit and one or two or more small cameras on a wire.
And i would like the storage to be a 2.5 inch harddrive, and i would like a USB port i could plug in a USB drive or external harddrive to backup footage.
Maybe wifi to select footage to be backed up, or some smart routine in the camera that just offload the footage recorded since the last time a external memory was plugged into the backup port.
I would like a main unit you could expand, so you could add other modules for more cameras - alarm - radar detector / laser - maybe audio / amplifier - connection for a 7 inch touch screen or maybe control / playback with wifi on a tablet - this should all be plug and play.

I would not mind strong wifi in the car with a external antenna, but this so the car could connect to my home network when i park at home.

I would also like a FLIR dashcam and maybe active IR cameras so i could put IR lights where fog lights would be on my car, and then have really good black and white footage in totally dark conditions ( active IR filter in camera so it could be used as color camera in daytime )
FLIR and IR cameras should maybe be modular so you can get to a place click them off the car and put them onto a small "stick" with battery power in it and a little screen, this way those cameras can be used on foot looking for things in total darkness.

Most important is camera is well made and use quality components, if video is poor quality or of the camera don't record at all then the camera is useless.

What i don't need.

Cloud service and 3-4G access point. i do not use cloud services and i never will, and i can not afford a data plan not least for a AP that's always on and steaming data here and there.
Also though Denmark had good coverage for 3 & 4 G network and is a pretty flat country you can easy find yourself in a place where you only have 2 G at best, so driving in those areas your data will just back up on the internal storage of the camera.
If i need internet in my car i use my phone as a access point, i do not need a second one.

Just because something is possible does not make it wise. The OBD port is an unprotected interface, and any device plugged into it that fails could damage the car's computers leading to a total loss of everything electrical in the car- lights, engine power, everything. It is meant for temporary diagnostic use only so do not use it for anything else even if you can.

Phil

Just because something is possible does not make it wise. The OBD port is an unprotected interface, and any device plugged into it that fails could damage the car's computers leading to a total loss of everything electrical in the car- lights, engine power, everything. It is meant for temporary diagnostic use only so do not use it for anything else even if you can.

Phil

my thinking on the use of OBD info is it looks nice, but do I really want a vehicle manufacturer trying to weasel out of an unrelated computer related warranty problem due to my device being plugged into the port, no thanks

Back