Wheel drops off of towed semi-tractor

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
My daughter and I were on a road trip from Ohio to California. We were on a detour to avoid a closed interstate freeway in Flagstaff, AZ. My daughter was driving when we encountered a towed semi tractor which appears to have an unsecured front wheel on the rear of the tractor. The wheel drops off of the rear of the towed vehicle and bounces into our lane.

I had my older VIOFO A129 on the front windshield to capture the action...

Daughter cold as ice, many would have freaked out in the same situation and crashed or caused a crash.

So commendations from this Danish elite veteran driver. (y)

Daughter cold as ice, many would have freaked out in the same situation and crashed or caused a crash.

So commendations from this Danish elite veteran driver. (y)
My daughter handled the situation exceptionally well. We were lucky the wheel took a bounce away from her car as well.

Indeed, moving in traffic also take a bit of luck sadly, more so when idiots are around, CUZ your event here should not really have happened in the first place.
I wonder what it will be called in a few decades when traffic in general do it on its own and people are just on for the ride.

I saw a video on Twitter earlier today where the tire came off a truck, a vehicle ran into the tire and flipped into the air. Loose tires are scary. I'll post the link to the tweet in the other dash cam video thread.

Back