Wheelie

Driving with no working steering or front brakes is generally a year's ban from the roads if you were to report it!

But a bit of fun never killed anyone did it? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41041093 (Bad headline warning!)

Its okay to throw it down, BUT ! not on public roads, or as i did on the quad bike not on used public roads at least.
I never wheelied past some dog walker or whoever ventured out on the pice of dead end road i used for stunting, to gain respect first you must show respect.

Intelligence and maturity are directly proportional to the number of (available?) wheels on the road.

Around here we have gangs of idiots that go around on quads, bikes, and dirt bikes through traffic. 25-70 of them in a group running red lights causing damage and harassing people. Even surrounded and damaged an unmarked sheriff's suv a couple months ago.

Around here we have gangs of idiots that go around on quads, bikes, and dirt bikes through traffic. 25-70 of them in a group running red lights causing damage and harassing people. Even surrounded and damaged an unmarked sheriff's suv a couple months ago.
these mobs generally have GoPro's and post all their exploits on social media

these mobs generally have GoPro's and post all their exploits on social media

You'd think but unfortunately until recently the sheriffs had a no pursue policy and as far as I know the dummies aren't posting on social media. A lot of them are riding around on stolen ones anyway so when they crash they hop off and hop on with one of their friends. There's probably plenty of dashcam footage and news footage of them but I guess they can't be identified off of it. My buddy was telling me they think a lot of them came from down in the Miami area and are some are probably illegals so they can't really search databases for them. At least not ones they have access to?

Yeah geniuses :)
Sadly in this day and age, even massive amounts of stupid give you views, hell you can even live off it in some cases.

And i blame TV cuz this culture was in place before social media.

Also recorded him with a longer lens

Also recorded him with a longer lens
I think the first one was worse, pulled his wheelie while still coming off a corner that could easily have had gravel on it, while still in a speed restricted zone and within a second of oncoming traffic. Put himself in the same position as the one I linked to above where the wheelie didn't go quite right and by the time he had put the front wheel back down there was no time to avoid the head on crash with oncoming traffic = dead biker and an innocent driver who will never be able to forget the dead biker on his bonnet. Plus, as he passed you he wasn't even watching where he was going, instead he was concentrating on his friend's wheelie in his mirror.

Don't like spoiling people's fun, but that was not the right place, at least wait until you have the road to yourself! Would be interested to see what the police would do with the clip if you sent it in, if you had been an undercover cop then they would probably lose their licenses, and your video is just as valid as evidence as any police video and better than a police witness statement without video.

I think the first one was worse, pulled his wheelie while still coming off a corner that could easily have had gravel on it, while still in a speed restricted zone and within a second of oncoming traffic. Put himself in the same position as the one I linked to above where the wheelie didn't go quite right and by the time he had put the front wheel back down there was no time to avoid the head on crash with oncoming traffic = dead biker and an innocent driver who will never be able to forget the dead biker on his bonnet. Plus, as he passed you he wasn't even watching where he was going, instead he was concentrating on his friend's wheelie in his mirror.

Don't like spoiling people's fun, but that was not the right place, at least wait until you have the road to yourself! Would be interested to see what the police would do with the clip if you sent it in, if you had been an undercover cop then they would probably lose their licenses, and your video is just as valid as evidence as any police video and better than a police witness statement without video.
I have considered sending it in to North Yorkshire police, though I don't like spoiling people's fun either.

I have considered sending it in to North Yorkshire police, though I don't like spoiling people's fun either.
Nothing wrong with letting the police decide.

I suspect most bikers would support you sending it in, it is dangerous behaviour like that which gives them all a bad reputation and gets them all targeted by police when most would wait until they had an empty road or race track to play on, or not do it at all.

Look at it as possibly saving his life.
If he wants to risk his own life then I'm happy to let him do so, it is the other road users that we should be concerned about, he is likely to kill himself soon anyway.

there's two types of wheelie on that type of bike, one is under power where the bike will just lift, he's standing though so it's intentional, moot point though I guess as a power wheelie still involves speeds that he shouldn't be doing on public roads

My friend just got a motorcycle too, a old Yamaha virago or whatever cruiser 1000 CCM V twin.
His first MC since he kicked around in the local MC gangs in the early 80ties.

I prefer the slow balance wheelie on a tire with street pressure in it ( quite common to let a little air out it seem )
This way the girls can see me wink to them as i go by, and most of all not be intimidated or in danger.
Cuz when i stunted my quad bike i could run faster than the speed i wheelie at, and i also think it was one factor to no one complaining about me when i drove on the harbor in Aarhus, cuz there was places of work within 100 M or so of where i drove.
And i even had a noisy White brothers exhaust on the bike.

cruisers are a lot slower, I have one now, 750 Shadow, my last bike was a Honda Fireblade, they power wheelie under acceleration

Back