When Can We Expect the A129 Pro / 4K?

dunkdash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know of an expected released date for the A129 Pro / 4K? I was planning on getting a A119 V3, but would wait for a A129 Pro / 4K if one were to be released within the next month. Also, any idea on price?

Anyone know of an expected released date for the A129 Pro / 4K? I was planning on getting a A119 V3, but would wait for a A129 Pro / 4K if one were to be released within the next month. Also, any idea on price?
As much as I like Viofo, I'm not sure I would purchase the first generation of a new 4K dashcam since many of them have heat-related problems. :)

I would prefer to see someone in a hot as hell place run it for a little while first.
BUT ! 4K are nothing new and really a good company should know that 4 K mean more bitrate just to maintain status quo, and even more to make it shine, so they should deploy a cooling solution that can deal with this.
On the SOC part i can see things have happened to make them run cooler with a higher bitrate, and it is no sure thing, just look at the pending AMD grafic cards, they are made on 7 nm but consume more power than Nvidia products made on 12 nm and that perform as good as AMD or better.
So if you want to run more bitrate you must deploy better cooling, if you can even call current dashcams having cooling as most would understand it.

kamkar1 said:
So if you want to run more bitrate you must deploy better cooling, if you can even call current dashcams having cooling as most would understand it.
It seems to put more effort into the compression for lower bitrates! So the power and heat saved by writing less to the memory card is wiped out, and it ends up just as hot...

It will be released when it is ready!

Don't think you will get it this month, but not too far away.

As much as I like Viofo, I'm not sure I would purchase the first generation of a new 4K dashcam since many of them have heat-related problems. :)
Viofo / GitUp produced the F1 4K camera in late 2017. I've never had any heat-related problems with mine in use as a dashcam.

I would prefer to see someone in a hot as hell place run it for a little while first.
BUT ! 4K are nothing new and really a good company should know that 4 K mean more bitrate just to maintain status quo, and even more to make it shine, so they should deploy a cooling solution that can deal with this.
On the SOC part i can see things have happened to make them run cooler with a higher bitrate, and it is no sure thing, just look at the pending AMD grafic cards, they are made on 7 nm but consume more power than Nvidia products made on 12 nm and that perform as good as AMD or better.
If someone lives in a hot as hell place, also have experience for testing dash cam, can contact us to get a sample to check.

For a 4K + Full HD dashcam, the camera is very hot is normal, we need to make sure it can keep recording for a long time.

Live in Phoenix Arizona can confirm its hot as hell here. Not sure how much i can help but i am a level 7 google reviewer and write reviews on amazon as well.

Live in Phoenix Arizona can confirm its hot as hell here. Not sure how much i can help but i am a level 7 google reviewer and write reviews on amazon as well.
Thanks for interesting for A129 Pro 4K, I have sent PM to you.

Recently in Shenzhen is also really hot, Iast week I checked the windshield temperature is between 65°c to 70°c. It is a big challenge for 4K camera running in parking mode.

A good cooling solution can transfer the heating from the chipset, but we noticed the memory card and screen can also cause issues.

Is it good to remove the screen saver option for a 4K camera as keep the screen on will generate more heating?

Is it good to remove the screen saver option for a 4K camera as keep the screen on will generate more heating?
leave the screen on is not a good idea for any camera, just makes more heat, and if it is in view of the driver is often illegal

If someone lives in a hot as hell place, also have experience for testing dash cam, can contact us to get a sample to check.

For a 4K + Full HD dashcam, the camera is very hot is normal, we need to make sure it can keep recording for a long time.
I'm from Malaysia and weathers here is 35°celsius/95°fahrenheit during the day. If you think is Okay, I can be at service to test the sample dash cam.

Last edited:
Just checked the weather forecast, 40 degrees for the day is hot, but more important you only have 44% humidity - very bad for dashcams!

A good cooling solution can transfer the heating from the chipset, but we noticed the memory card and screen can also cause issues.

Maybe you should send one of the Viofo MLC memory cards with the camera.

I think everyone will be happy with removing the "Off" option for screen saver.

So any update on availability?

I would like to update cameras in multiple cars, I was considering gitup f1 capacitor, but a129 is much more dashcam - nicer remote button etc. And I kinda hope it would have the voice prompts etc.

So any update on availability?

I would like to update cameras in multiple cars, I was considering gitup f1 capacitor, but a129 is much more dashcam - nicer remote button etc. And I kinda hope it would have the voice prompts etc.
Currently mainly sending samples for testing, not far to release. It is possible to add voice prompts in the future.

Thanks for interesting for A129 Pro 4K, I have sent PM to you.

Recently in Shenzhen is also really hot, Iast week I checked the windshield temperature is between 65°c to 70°c. It is a big challenge for 4K camera running in parking mode.
I live in Southern California - definitely been hot here.
I've sent you a PM in case this interests you!

Nowadays the whole planet is a hot place! :( Timeto make advancement in heat resistant cameras.

Currently mainly sending samples for testing, not far to release. It is possible to add voice prompts in the future.
And are there plans to added it? I really like it about 70mai as I have all cams hidden behind mirror.

Back