When Can We Expect the A129 Pro / 4K?

Just to add as well I've had emails from a few people over in China this last few days during the one big holiday they get a year when a lot travel to see families etc outside of the cities.

Their work ethic is incredible, when I'm on holiday my phone gets turned off and I get jittery waiting to turn on the out of office :D

It's amazing how many of us Westerners take offence to them taking time off in October while we tend to take many days throughout the year - saying that I believe we get a fair bit more holiday in the UK than the likes of the USA.

I work for myself these days and get jittery on days off as it's time I'm not billing a client for :D

It arrived in Spain on 2nd of October,after that customs take a while this is normal,but very quick delivery from china..There is a screenshot of the entire shippment process:
You are not paying taxes (at least VAT) when importing from China?

enjoy,
Mtz

Received my pre-order today in the mail. Package was listed as having a $25 value.

I haven't seen this posted but the rear camera cable is just a USB mini-b to mini-b although the slot looks different(proprietary). Ordered a 6ft cable so I don't have to shove 20ft of it in my headliner.

Last edited:

enjoy,
Mtz
The shipping agents seem to keep finding "tax friendly" routes - if I ever get anything via DHL or EMS I tend to have to pay shipping, but some methods like this sometimes come through tax free (or the shipping agent declares a lower fee - which could work out tricky if it's damaged in transit).

Received my pre-order today in the mail. Package was listed as having a $25 value.

I haven't seen this posted but the rear camera cable is just a USB mini-b to mini-b although the slot looks different(proprietary). Ordered a 6ft cable so I don't have to shove 20ft of it in my headliner.
I think although it looks like a standard mini USB it's actually non standard 10 pin. Not sure if it's digital or analogue transmission over that one.

enjoy,
Mtz
I didn't paid customs/VAT because viofo made this detail: :)

Attachments

• 20191007_212814.jpg
    20191007_212814.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 45
I think although it looks like a standard mini USB it's actually non standard 10 pin. Not sure if it's digital or analogue transmission over that one.

You're totally right, thank you for pointing that out! It is a 10 pin cable. You saved me $7.99.

Edit: It also seems that the included 5 pin mini-b usb cable has ridges on it that my other generic cables do not have. After testing the generic cable in the camera I find that it introduces flicker on the screen and random restarts if the plug is shaken around. Looks like I will be completely rewiring my car from the A119's currently installed.

Last edited:
Back