When does Camera turn on?

After I manually shut camera off at night, I do not have another accessory fuse.
I installed a Blue Sea split panel. There are 6 circuits hot all the time, the other 6 are switched. I found a fuse in my engine bay that was switched, ran that to a relay, and from the relay to the panel. It’s a clean setup. Maybe the relay has something to do with it. I can bypass the relay and try it, but I don,t think that is the problem. It would be one thing to cross off the trouble shooting list
I wouldn’t dismiss the relay being the issue.

Going to live with it, I checked this morning , All my electrical checks out. I start the truck twice it will come on, so now I just will press the on button when going out for a drive,I don t want to change the hard wire kit. I have all the cable hidden and just the thought of doing all that over brings. MY anxiety through the roof. So VIOFO you are off the hook. I will just put up with a inferior hard wire kit
I sort of like what. Blackvue did with their hard wire kit, placed it on a timer. So maybe Black Friday sales they will go on sale,then I can say goodbye to VIOFO.
Here is my Bluesea panel in the engine bay, relay for acc. the other half of panel is constant on. I need to dress up my cable yet but you guys get the idea

Attachments

• IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I bypassed the relay and pretty sure that was my problem. I have one more test tomorrow morning to see if it comes on when I start, so I will get back at that time

Going to live with it, I checked this morning , All my electrical checks out. I start the truck twice it will come on, so now I just will press the on button when going out for a drive,I don t want to change the hard wire kit. I have all the cable hidden and just the thought of doing all that over brings. MY anxiety through the roof. So VIOFO you are off the hook. I will just put up with a inferior hard wire kit
I sort of like what. Blackvue did with their hard wire kit, placed it on a timer. So maybe Black Friday sales they will go on sale,then I can say goodbye to VIOFO.
Here is my Bluesea panel in the engine bay, relay for acc. the other half of panel is constant on. I need to dress up my cable yet but you guys get the idea

That's a neat way of doing it but do you really need the extra fusebox and relay?

That's a neat way of doing it but do you really need the extra fusebox and relay?
I have other items to hook up, so I decided to install a panel, Lots of guys on here have installed Bluesea panels as they are testers or have many dash cams. For now I bypassed the relay. I will start the truck in the morning and see if the camera comes on, that will be the final test

Camera would not turn on, I sat in the truck for several minutes but it never came on. Then I turned it on manually and it worked like it should. I don’t know what to do next?

Camera would not turn on, I sat in the truck for several minutes but it never came on. Then I turned it on manually and it worked like it should. I don’t know what to do next?
Next time, before you start the truck, look to see if you see the red led glowing inside the convertor box on the hardwire kit. If there is no red led, then there is no power on the red battery wire or the low voltage cutoff was activated. I know your manually shutting if off at night, but it would be good to know if you still have power to the kit before starting the truck.

OK thanks, I will get back to you

No lights on the controller, the wire is right to the pos. Side of battery, and I have the other wire to acc.
I did nothing else until I hear back from you. The controller is set to the next to highest setting if that helps

I can check under the hood when I hear back from you, I am using 3 amp fuses

No lights on the controller, the wire is right to the pos. Side of battery, and I have the other wire to acc.
I did nothing else until I hear back from you. The controller is set to the next to highest setting if that helps
To clarify, the light is inside the convertor box. You need to look though the small vent slots. If there is no red light and you are connected directly to the positive post of the battery, then I have to assume your battery voltage is lower than the cutoff value you have the kit set to. So if you have the kit set to 12.2V, then I would think your battery voltage is 12.1V or lower (kits I have tested vary a little in tolerance, but seem to be .2V lower than stated on the sticker).

To clarify, the light is inside the convertor box. You need to look though the small vent slots. If there is no red light and you are connected directly to the positive post of the battery, then I have to assume your battery voltage is lower than the cutoff value you have the kit set to. So if you have the kit set to 12.2V, then I would think your battery voltage is 12.1V or lower (kits I have tested vary a little in tolerance, but seem to be .2V lower than stated on the sticker).
You are correct sir, I went up and check voltage at the battery and to my surprise it read 11.95. So the controller is doing its job. The truck is not a year old and it does sit in my driveway for days on end,so it is not getting charged.
Tomorrow I am going to put my tricker on the battery as I install them on all my battery’s. They work great and in the winter months it gives me the kick I need to start the cars, I have one on my quad and tractor also.
I washed both cars so I am done for today, I burned myself out, plus I had to run Barney for a bit when I came in. He is like a alarm clock ,he knows when it’s time to eat, go out and sleep. They are creatures of habit.
Thanks Capture, appreciate the help, I will report back when I get everything setup correctly

OK battery charger is on battery and controller set at 12,2. I have lights on the controller also. Tomorrow morning I will go up and try it. I guess the relay was not the problem, but I disconnected all of the wires for the sub panel. I have it on hand when it is needed down the road, I can just hook it all back up. Right now I do not need the sub panel, so again guys, thanks for the help. I will report back tomorrow

Last edited:
These little guys is what I use, some day I will be buying a larger one,but I swear on these, they work
I seen these cheaper then this price, if you wait for a flash sale you can buy them for 20 bucks

Pretty sure my problem is solved, Truck voltage resting over night 12.70. I added the battery charger and this morning the camera came right on, so thanks again guys for all the suggestions

Back