When should Parking Mode engage?

Dean cain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have my 650 installed using the Power Magic Pro. I am fairly certain that it is installed correctly; one wire gets constant power, the other switched.

If I sit in the car for a few minutes, with the engine running, my camera switches into parking mode. Likewise, if I sit in the car with the engine shut off, it goes into parking mode at about the same time.

In either situation, once I start moving again, the camera returns to normal recording. Is this normal?

In the event of an accident, I would like my camera to continue recording continuously, to record my interactions with the other driver. If it goes into parking mode while my car is running, it will miss that.

Is it normal for this camera to go into parking mode while the car is running, or do I have it installed incorrectly?

Totally normal. It goes into parking mode a little while after motion stops. Has nothing to do with the car running. Hope this helps

That does
Totally normal. It goes into parking mode a little while after motion stops. Has nothing to do with the car running. Hope this helps

that does help, thanks.

Is there a way to have it stay in normal mode unless the car shuts off? If I have an incident I'd like to keep the camera running. Do you know of any way to manually keep it in standard mode?

It will record an accident in parking mode You are overthinking this. If someone bumps the car it will record or if an earthquake hits, the motion will start it recording.
You can turn parking mode off in the settings but then car must be running and moving to keep it recording It will also run your battery flat if its powered on permanently without the PMP

Just let it go into parking mode and get a couple of friends to give it a good rock and check the card to see if Im right.

If you are out of the car "interacting " with the other driver you may not want that recorded, maybe.

One has to be careful not to incriminate ones self as well Like complaining about speeders when you also are over the limit Etc

^ He's correct. You won't miss anything just because it goes into parking mode. It will still record when it senses movement and will still log "Events" when as Hillbilly mentioned, it senses a hit. You can adjust sensitivity levels to define what an "Event" is. For instance, with my current settings, it logs and "Event" when I open the door and climb in the truck.

You do have the option to disable parking mode in the settings so it will stay in normal mode (and event if g-sensor is triggered).
I don't think it's worthwhile though as it will record constantly whenever the PMP is on and the battery voltage is sufficient. This means even if you're parked in a closed garage, if you have the PMP on it will just record everything.

The g-sensor is also a lot more sensitive in parking mode than in normal mode which is also a good thing for parking use.

Back