when will a119s release?

I also cannot wait. I need a 2nd dashcam and will not bother with another A119 if the S version is on the horizon.

I also cannot wait. I need a 2nd dashcam and will not bother with another A119 if the S version is on the horizon.
why wait doesn't the SG9665GC have those specs? By the time u buy a memory card ull pay almost as much as the SG which includes a card in the price

why wait doesn't the SG9665GC have those specs? By the time u buy a memory card ull pay almost as much as the SG which includes a card in the price
we don't even know what the price of A119S will be....

The manufacturer has confirmed that it won't be beyond $120 for the GPS version, when available.

The manufacturer has confirmed that it won't be beyond $120 for the GPS version, when available.
if that's the case, even with a name brand high endurance 64GB memory card from sandisk or transcend, the total cost is under $150, still well under the SG9665GC. Not that I'm knocking the street guardian in any way, just saying end user price between the two isn't even comparable.

Please don't get a Sandisk ,they are the worst when it comes to compatibility.

Even I'm waiting to see what the A119s can deliver. It's one thing to have the same hardware and another to make it work optimally. Not doubting them by any stretch of the imagination, just skeptical.

Please don't get a Sandisk ,they are the worst when it comes to compatibility.

Even I'm waiting to see what the A119s can deliver. It's one thing to have the same hardware and another to make it work optimally. Not doubting them by any stretch of the imagination, just skeptical.
can't speak for reliability but i've been using the Sandisk 64GB high endurance for a couple of weeks and so far it's been okay.

I believe harsh's concern with Sandisk arises from the Sandisk Ultra cards and perhaps he thinks best to avoid Sandisk in general. I believe the high endurance ones should be fine, though I myself bought the Transcend high endurance rather than the Sandisk.

if that's the case, even with a name brand high endurance 64GB memory card from sandisk or transcend, the total cost is under $150, still well under the SG9665GC. Not that I'm knocking the street guardian in any way, just saying end user price between the two isn't even comparable.
Just verified the A119 with GPS where I am in Canada and the price is $137. I then looked at amazon in USA and its priced at $100. so the SG9665GC in Canada cost $270. In USA its $210 the A119c in Canada (guess) will cost $157. plus $30 for card = diff of $83 For $83 (Canada) more for a quality DVR plus don't forget the superb customer service at ur fingertips my pick would definitely be the SG9665GC That my opinion

looking at A119/A119s with interest. SG9665GC is priced at 185GBP, A119 at 77GBP on amazon.uk .. still, waiting for more feedback on video quality and reliability, as i already have broken mini0806..

im curious, why dashcams are not made to process (on sensor) and save (to the file) only half of vertical FOV ? no much use for bonnet or sky, and I would rather have precious capacity spent on better pixel density covering the most important narrow horizontal strip where critical action (except for falling meteors) largely happens

added:
I get that the SG is a great product and therefore rightfully commands a premium price. The choice may not be so simple for many people including myself. Assuming A119s has comparable quality (not better) than the SG, I think most would still opt for the cheaper option
Agree. with 5y warranty, I would be more inclined to pay extra.
Otherwise, one could get cheaper inferior product, which will last for 1 year .. but next year similar priced medium-price-range product will be better than 1y old expensive SG.. both with 1y warranty left ..

Last edited:
looking at A119/A119s with interest. SG9665GC is priced at 185GBP, A119 at 77GBP on amazon.uk .. still, waiting for more feedback on video quality and reliability, as i already have broken mini0806..

im curious, why dashcams are not made to process (on sensor) and save (to the file) only half of vertical FOV ? no much use for bonnet or sky, and I would rather have precious capacity spent on better pixel density covering the most important narrow horizontal strip where critical action (except for falling meteors) largely happens
I'm sure Jokiin will reply to u

Just verified the A119 with GPS where I am in Canada and the price is $137. I then looked at amazon in USA and its priced at $100. so the SG9665GC in Canada cost $270. In USA its $210 the A119c in Canada (guess) will cost $157. plus $30 for card = diff of $83 For $83 (Canada) more for a quality DVR plus don't forget the superb customer service at ur fingertips my pick would definitely be the SG9665GC That my opinion
I get that the SG is a great product and therefore rightfully commands a premium price. The choice may not be so simple for many people including myself. Assuming A119s has comparable quality (not better) than the SG, I think most would still opt for the cheaper option as again, we're not just talking about $10 - $20 difference but $50+.

keep in mind the prices quoted were buying ex China, they won't be the same price purchased locally
That what I have been saying all along. Better to buy the SG9665GC

what will be the improved features in the a119s?

what will be the improved features in the a119s?
The A119S will have a Sony sensor that will have better night/low light performance. It will have a lower native resolution of 1080p and may have a narrower field of view lens.

Back