Where buy a Dashcam?

Rzrbrn

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am ready to buy a BlackVue DR900X 2CH. Is it better to buy directly from Blackvue, Amazon, Walmart, a third party website like Blackboxmycar or Dashcamstore, or a small shop like Acedashcam in Upland, CA?

if you buy direct ( store or seller website ) you are often able to save the"amazon tax" i assume buying from one of the local stores or their own site give you the same buyer protection as if you did on Amazon.

Not understanding your comment regarding an "'Amazon Tax". The price is slightly higher on the Blackvue website ($639), while Amazon and Acedashcam are the same price ($619). Blackboxmycar is slightly cheaper ($599.00). I buy many items from Amazon and trust them. However, there may be reasons to buy from other prices, just not sure what those reasons are.

Last edited:
Okay.
Well then it have been that way with some brands, that have to forward the Amazon fee for selling / warehousing those products to the buyers, so if you buy direct you will not have that.
As long as you dont buy from a pop up store that will be gone if / when you need service you will be good, i would think a actual seller will be able to give a better service on his product then Amazon which i assume just sell.
I have never needed help with anything i have gotten from Amazon, i had to RAM some things, and that was a extraordinary pleasurable experience.

Amazon makes the RMA process easy if something is wrong when you first get it, of all the options you mentioned though only @BlackboxMyCar has a proven history of customer service, that can be a lot more helpful then the odd chance of having to send something back, they are also active members here so there are multiple points of contact and support available if you purchase through them, being the cheaper option doesn't hurt either

Back