Where buy a new mount for GT680W?

ist

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello everyone,

I'd like to buy a new mount for mine dashcam, since the existing one will not stick. Unfortunately, I was unable to find one.

Anyone know where can I buy one? Maybe mounts for other cameras (which're available) compatible with GT680W connector?

Any suggestions will be welcomed! Thank you.

Anyone know where can I buy one? Maybe mounts for other cameras (which're available) compatible with GT680W connector?

If I remember correctly the 680W mount clip is a little smaller then the what I consider to be a standard T style mount so it can be a tough find. In the mean time if you still have the 3M mount you can peel off the 3M stick pad and apply 3M Dual Lock tape to your windscreen and to the mount to get a 3M stick hold that you can still take off and on.

Here I have peeled the stick off a Mini and done it.
ZSXvpVRm.jpg

1LOnFcHm.jpg

133GPnWm.jpg

Reactions: ist
Thank you CheckYourLights.

I do have the adhesive mount which came with the cam. For personal reasons, I prefer the suction one (it comes off quite easily) therefore I'm looking for replacement possibilities.

It is sad, that those mount isn't standardized yet, so people might have a pretty pricey *working* cam and no way to mount those properly.

Maybe mounts for other cameras from the same manufacturer, fit GT680W?

For personal reasons, I prefer the suction one (it comes off quite easily) therefore I'm looking for replacement possibilities.
Oh Duh why did it not hit me before.
See if you can split the parts. you should be able to completely loosen the lock nut and pull the suction cup mount into two pieces. The bottom ball and clip and the top suction.

You should then be able to buy a mount with the same size ball and just use the top part of a new mount.
I'll have to see if I can dig mine out and take a look.

:EDIT:
Dug and realized it is a little different then what I am used to.
GvchXVUm.jpg

You might be able to buy a Garmin GPS style suction cup and hack the two together.
alD07ODm.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Following DISASTER and breaking actual housing, I ended up glueing nut and buying new sticky mount for it, hence I have original, sucking mount in near new condition.
That'll be £1 :p + PP cost to you, :D, hope is fair? PM me, if you still after it.

I'm looking for a suction cup mount as well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P GT680W 7
Back