Where can find a smart dash camera

r_berner

Reaction score
Country
Israel
hallo
Friends Injury in a parked vehicle This "hit and run" is already an epidemic, so need something that will protect and document the case of activating the insurance
Therefore it is very important to secure us from such injuries even when parking
So I would be happy to offer suggestions and guidance for the camera
Regards
reuven

Sounds like your smartest option is to move to another city... Or.. park where it can not get hit.. Or.. consider hiring a guard with a camera (and gun if allowed) to stand outside your vehicle while parked. I doubt there is a camera smart enough to capture all the events you think your vehicle may be subjected to.. but good luck

Welcome to the forum Reuven.
When parking, i think that can be a problem for you in regard to where you live.
The camera itself generate heat when in parking mode, and as far as i know the weather in Israel are usually hot or very hot, so if you park outside in the sun a dashcam might be pushed over the thermal cut off limit.
But if not using parking mode a good dashcam should be able to survive the weather down there, and record just fine while driving, but parking mode i have my doubts.
Personally i have a CCTV camera on my car where it is parked in the yard behind the apartment block, so at home for me are no problem if my car get hit or vandalized again as it have been 3 times.

Also you have to drive for a while every day to get the car battery charged up after using parking guard on a dashcamera, so if your car are parked ( and recording ) 23 hours every day and you only drive 1 hour it might be a problem for the car battery to keep up, and it is not good to discharge car lead/acid batteries all the way like a flashlight battery.

Sounds like your smartest option is to move to another city... Or.. park where it can not get hit.. Or.. consider hiring a guard with a camera (and gun if allowed) to stand outside your vehicle while parked. I doubt there is a camera smart enough to capture all the events you think your vehicle may be subjected to.. but good luck

Wow you have educated me in knowledge

Welcome to the forum Reuven.
When parking, i think that can be a problem for you in regard to where you live.
The camera itself generate heat when in parking mode, and as far as i know the weather in Israel are usually hot or very hot, so if you park outside in the sun a dashcam might be pushed over the thermal cut off limit.
But if not using parking mode a good dashcam should be able to survive the weather down there, and record just fine while driving, but parking mode i have my doubts.
Personally i have a CCTV camera on my car where it is parked in the yard behind the apartment block, so at home for me are no problem if my car get hit or vandalized again as it have been 3 times.

Also you have to drive for a while every day to get the car battery charged up after using parking guard on a dashcamera, so if your car are parked ( and recording ) 23 hours every day and you only drive 1 hour it might be a problem for the car battery to keep up, and it is not good to discharge car lead/acid batteries all the way like a flashlight battery.
10x

Back