Where can I buy the glue?

Y

yairlevi

Hi Guys,
The car wash employee just ripped my BlackVue cam.
Where can I buy the glue for the camera?

thanks,
yair

you mean sticking to the windscreen? or has something physically broken?

If to the windscreen; You just need some 3M padded tape from your local hardware store :)

If something has snapped, then superglue!

Yes,
I mean sticking it to the windscreen.
I see this on ebay but i think the original glue is something else. isn't it?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/181164892466
btw, i already bought some kind of a padded tape but it fell off after one day (i think it's because of the sun and heat in Israel).

yair

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do, but once you have added international shipping, they are more expensive :)

ah, you are right :(
and the link you gave me don't ship to Israel.
So i'll just have to stick to the 3M solution ;)

I haven't seen that one to know how it compares, VHB (Very High Bond) is the strongest stuff they do

3M makes so many products it's hard to know what you're buying. A quick search shows a whole range of product number designations for 3M VHB products, so thanks for explaining what VHB means. That clarifies that the one I found the other day should do what I want it to. I think it may be the USA version of the one Niko is talking about which I'm interested in because it should remove easily but still be VHB.

Edit: 3M's web site shows 41 tape products designated VHB!

Last edited:
just get some 3M Dual lock tape and use that I have been using it for over 2 years in all sorts of conditions.

Am at present in Florida where it is 94F today and the camera is almost too hot to touch but the tape is still holding.

Also the bit of tape I am using has been on two previous rental cars and is still OK

I bought some packets of it at Walmart for $2.99 Is called Scotch all weather fastners
Has 12 ins in the packet and has 4055A stamped on the rear

Is the best and easiest to fix and allows you to remove the whole camera and replace many times Just be careful when removing as it grips pretty hard and you could damage the camera bracket

This is the page on the 3M site you should be on

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...s-Tapes?N=5000130+5579438&Ntt=dual+lock&rt=rs

Where did you buy the camera, why don't ask them for recommendation?

or If possible, you can contact the BlackVue to see if they could help.

There was an extra tape in my package, wasn't there in yours? Have you checked?
25flfup.jpg

Nice find Yeshua,
There was a spare tape in the box.

Back